Saturday, September 24, 2011

Another Week In The Bucket...

This has been an incredibly busy week for me!

Before I recap, I'd like to send a HAPPY BIRTHDAY shout out to Yarah Bravo! And while I'm shouting, another to Ailsa Chang of WNYC (listen here) for breaking a pretty big story! You rock, girls!

Tuesday I was in Montreal for a blogger's meet-up...

Wednesday I went over to St. Rose College where Albany Mayor Jerry Jennings held a presser to announce a new home-buying program to help folks who want to buy a house in the city.

Thursday I was in Goshen where NY Governor Andrew Cuomo toured John Glebocki's family farm, taking in the flood damage. John is a really cool guy! He told me he's seen more weather in the last 15 years than the previous generation saw during their time running the farm! The land out there is so beautiful, the air fresh as can be. Another reporter there mentioned that some of the people "must be from farm families because they LOOK so healthy." Indeed! He was right! I talked to some of the "healthy" souls who confirmed they lived on local farms!

Here's John Glebocki, Andrew Cuomo, and another gentleman surveying the damage at the farm.. TIP:::Hover and click on any of the pictures appearing on this post to see a larger rendering!

The aroma in John's vegetable barn was fantastic! Vegetable soup air! Listen to my report for more... I didn't shoot too many pictures... I shoulda snapped a pic of Elaina Athans' boots... she put together a really nice video story of Cuomo's visit!

Friday I went to the Marist College Campus in Poughkeepsie, where there was a big announcement at the boathouse. That story will most likely run on Monday... it's about a huge Chinese company moving into the old IBM campus in Fishkill.

Below is a view of the back of the boat house along the majestic Hudson River...

Now a new week is about to begin. Lotta stuff going on as we head into Fall...

Tags: ,

Permission to reprint this blog post in whole or in part is hereby granted, provided that the author (or authors) and Dave Lucas are properly cited. Permission to reprint any comments below is granted only for those comments written by Dave Lucas and staff.
Show Comments: OR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.


Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics