Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Bloggers Rising

According to some sources, there are over 156 million blogs existing? How many do you know, knowing even one – thousandth of that figure will take you almost a year. But really, is there so much to say in this world; what are people blogging about. (Weblogbetter)


Strive for balance. frustrated because your "cream of the crop" blog isn't making waves or attracting coveted links from "A-List" blogs? The cream always eventually rises to the top. It cannot be stopped.

Roll with the punches. In other words, rinse and repeat.

Now read this "snippet" from elsewhere (credit/link below):

if my public persona is ticking a lot of people off, I might want to adjust that before I alienate readers (unless it's my intention to tick people off, of course). But if some people simply do not like me, there's not much to be done about that, and it's best ignored.

here are trolls. There are people who will say something cruel for the sake of being cruel. These are the people we should ignore.(E.g., "This book suks it's a waste of time reading" is not to be taken seriously ,while "I think the plot progresses too slowly and the characters could use some more development" is an honest critique.)

There is no secret. Write good books, with good descriptions, good formatting, and good cover art, sell them cheap, and keep at it until you get lucky.

Getting lucky means striking a chord with a whole bunch of readers. Their opinions matter.

It shocked me to discover how much ignorant reviews got under my skin.

I didn't take them personal because 1) These people didn't know me
2) These peeps really didn't *get* what I was doing.

When people don't like your work, if it's good, it has to be because it just wasn't for them. You haven't refined your message enough to let people know who you're aiming for.

We bloggers worry about our reputations. How are we perceived? What do people say about us? If we’re not around, what gets said differently? The trick is that reputation comes from the perspectives of others, and as such, it’s not ours to worry about.
Read : The Myth of Reputation

Permission to reprint this blog post in whole or in part is hereby granted, provided that the author (or authors) and Dave Lucas are properly cited. Permission to reprint any comments below is granted only for those comments written by Dave Lucas and staff.
Show Comments: OR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.


Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics