Sunday, September 04, 2011

NetActive 04 September 2011

Kazakhstan: Bloggers Denounce Repeated Blockage of LiveJournal

Read this post.
On August 19, the largest Russophone blogging platform Livejournal was blocked in Kazakhstan, less than a year after access to it was re-opened in fall of 2010. According to a...

Blog Carnival: Mexico
- Citizenry, Violence and Blogs looks at what Mexican bloggers think about their society which is sometimes described as violent by nature. Bloggers also shared some artistic work related to violence.

Good Naija Girl is the brains behind the Nigeria Blog Awards since 2010. The Nigerian Blog Awards is an annual event that rewards creative Nigerian bloggers.

Nicaraguan bloggers will participate in a blog carnival focusing on the subject of migration. On the carnival's site you can find a directory of the participating blogs. You can also follow the carnival on Facebook !

posted by Bai Ling at Bai Ling Naked Seduction 白靈永恒的诱惑 - The New famine me for you.... 5:38am I am still up, sleepless and so excited, because tomorrow... no in face it is already today Sunday morning now, my last the final show will be air at 8pm on VH1......
Last but not least, the following was posted by Michel Fortin at The Michel Fortin Blog -

If you’ve been wondering why I haven’t blogged lately, there’s a reason. It’s a reason I wish I would never have to use. But it’s also an honor and a privilege. It started when my mother decided to take some…

Show Comments: OR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.


Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics