Tuesday, October 18, 2011

MAKE $ ONLINE! BLOGGING INCOME REPORT!

Every now and again, some bloggers like to beat their chests over their blog earnings. (OOPS, wrong chest!)

To be fair, I must point out that those cheast-beater bloggers who post earnings publicly are publishing the stats in order to encourage and inspire other bloggers to try harder to develop a plan for online income. Such income can be just for a little chump change that goes back intgo advertising the blog: it can also be a "part time" job-like income... it can also equal or exceed one's full-time pay!

So let's do a little comparison!
JUST FOR FUN!
I'm going head-to-head against Justin the Mighty Dragonblogger!

September 2011
84,805 Visits
113,506 Pageviews
74.34% bounce rate
1:11 Average Time on Site

Justin goes on to detail his earnings and shares a little strategy he employs on Dragonblogger.com and his other blogs.

His Google PR checks in today at 2.
I bring this up because bloggers tend to make a big deal about PageRank.
Mine is 4.

Bloggers are also very concerned about Alexa. OK...

Dragonblogger.com's three-month global Alexa traffic rank is 21,331. This site has a relatively good traffic rank in the cities of Natal (#143) and Philadelphia (#5,444). Compared with internet averages, the site's audience tends to be African American; they are also disproportionately women browsing from home.

Natal? That Natal? Justin, any thoughts on this?

Now here are my Alexa numbers:
There are 149,649 sites with a better three-month global Alexa traffic rank than Dave-lucas.blogspot.com. Compared with the overall internet population, the site's audience tends to be users who browse from home; they are also disproportionately less affluent women over the age of 35 who have attended college. It is relatively popular among users in the cities of Rome (where it is ranked #3,570), Paris (#12,774), and Karachi (#13,288).

Rome, Paris... I'm down with that! Karachi? Who knew!

I just went over to SiteMeter and grabbed my blog stats for a month

[2011 Sep 18 – 2011 Oct 17]

VISITS

Total Month 9,811
Average Per Day 327
Average Visit Length 6:43
Last Hour 12
Today 131
This Week 2,289

PAGE VIEWS

Average Per Day 1,120
Average Per Visit 3.4
Last Hour 34
Today 210
This Week 7,830

My bounce rate is close to Dragonblogger's. Remember: figures can be misleading. You understand Justin maintains a PR2 blog making a nice income ... while my PR4 is pretty much wallowing in the dust Dragonblogger left in his wake. Moral?

I haven't been in active pursuit of advertisers or opportunities; if a few pennies come my way, I'll take 'em! I'm certainly not depending on or expecting that my blog will provide me with a source of income. Not THIS blog anyway!

Now if YOU really want to be astounded and motivated, HERE'S A GREAT KICK IN THE ASS TO GET YOU MOVING!

3 comments:

Dragonblogger said...

Thanks for the showcase Lucas, one thing I want to point out is my earnings come mostly based on my traffic volume not PR, when I was a PR4 I was able to sell backlinks for $100 - $200 for a single link in a post at a time.

#2, your lowered earnings is strictly because you are running your blog on Blogspot my friend, had you been running on Self Hosted Wordpress you would have already been contacted by advertisers out of the weeds to buy links on your site.

That being said you can still earn, get your blog added to PayPerPost.com, SocialSpark.com, SponsoredReviews.com and BlogsVertise.com these 4 programs are some of the biggest income earners, and the 3 besides SocialSpark woudl give you some decent earnings for your PR4 and sponsoring reviews. They do accept Blogger blogs too, I think.

SocialSpark is more about traffic, as is Google Adsense. I think you could probably pick an Amazon affiliate banner you like and leverage that a bit too.

Last but not least, make it clear that you are accepting sponsored reviews or accepting guest posts. Put a craigslist classifed up that you have PR4 blog accepting sponsored guest posts, I would charge about $25 for each submitted guest post. You say sell out, I say why not earn a buck just by leasing out your blog space? Even TV programs and movies show commercials, why can't a blog have an occasional commercial to keep site owner earning? As long as things are properly disclosed all is good.

Dragonblogger said...

Did you get my last comment? I think it was wiped out.

I was saying that you should try PayPerPost, Blogsvertise, SponsoredReviews and SocialSpark, the first three would value a PR4 and accept Blogger blogs, the 4th is about traffic.

Note though that Blogger blogs have much harder time monetizing from advertisers than a self hosted wordpress blog, had you been running a self hosted blog with a PR4 you could easily have been earning at least $200-300 per month by now with 7000+ visits per month.

ElectronicsNews said...

Wow! Excellent post on report, very informative for me to know the new one.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics