Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Around The Blogosphere 30 November 2011

Dave is busy writing something else right now, so, with November closing out, let's take a look at some awesome bloggers and articles!

James Altucher is a blogger bearing good advice: "If someone is a drag on me, I cut them out. If someone lifts me up, I bring them closer. Nobody is sacred here. When the plane is going down, put the oxygen mask on your face first. Family, friends, people I love – I always try to be there for them and help. But I don’t get close to anyone bringing me down. This rule can’t be broken. Energy leaks out of you if someone is draining you. And I never owe anyone an explanation. Explaining is draining."

Alana Klapp aka The Chipper Writer offers some words of comfort for writers/bloggers: " By far one of the easiest ways to get those creative juices flowing is to just start writing. Anything. It doesn't matter what it's about. Just grab a piece of paper and start writing whatever comes to your mind—don't over think, don't edit and most importantly don't stop. Just write. Sure, your finished project will probably be filled with a bunch of unusable junk, but you might just end up with a gem—or at least a few note worthy lines."

Social Media ::: The use of citizen media to connect people and to tell stories about this disease that affects millions of families around the world has been the foundation of the Rising Voices initiative “Blogging Positively.” Formed in 2008 by activists working in this field, the community helped create a guide that provides tips and tutorials for global activists on ways to best utilize citizen media in their work.The guide is now available in five languages, with Arabic on the way.

AIDS: My Fabulous Disease: A blog in four movements from Mark S. King::: (Windy City Times)- Nov 30, 2011 -"I call my blog My Fabulous Disease because I refused to be defined by a disease. Now I am defining the disease. I refused to be defined by illness or suffering,"

Based on a spark from the Blogging Positively community, Rising Voices would like to invite global users to tweet about how World AIDS Day is being commemorated in your community. Please use the hashtag #BlogPos, as well as #WAD11 to help them locate the tweets. A selection of tweets from around the world will be featured on Rising Voices in the days following World AIDS Day. You can tweet in any language. Please remember to include the country from where you are tweeting to help RV provide a global snapshot.

Markos wonders whether the Ethiopian blogosphere is the smallest in the world: “A few months ago Joern and I made a little research and we found out that Ethiopia had less than 20 bloggers in the country. This is rather shocking stats compared to 160,000 (July 2008) Bloggers in Egypt. On contrary, Ethiopian love to socialize using social media like Facebook. 90.07% of internet users use Facebook in daily basis.”

Video ::: Saugerties NY resident Ralph Childers speaks against the privatization of Golden Hill, and has his words echoed by members of the crowd, in a "human microphone" technique used by Occupy Wall Street protesters.

The return of INTELLIGENT BACON ::: Introspection, analysis, opinion... all coming your way in the newly re-purposed "Intelligent Bacon" blog. We'll see how if it goes.

Tags: ,



Permission to reprint this blog post in whole or in part is hereby granted, provided that the blogger Saki Tumi is properly cited. Permission to reprint any comments below is granted only for those comments written by Saki Tumi, Dave Lucas and staff.
Show Comments: OR

No comments:

Post a Comment


COMMENTING CHARGES
Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

WAIT, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO COMMENT?
Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

I NEED TO BE HEARD! BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY.
Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.

IMPORTANT:

Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics