Wednesday, November 02, 2011

CommentLuv for Blogger

The group of bloggers who use CommentLuv think of themselves as being part of some special, unique collective. Well, here I am, smashing another myth!

If you know HTML coding, you can leave your own "CommentLuv" regardless of whether another blog has "installed" it.
This method works not only on blogger, but on blog*spot blogs that use the old template, which doesn't work with IntenseDebate (more on ID later).

Here's a screengrab of how to code your article in a blogspot comment box. In many Wordpress blogs you can just copy and paste your full URL. Make a few tests!
The technique works in REVERSE as well: show YOUR readers how to leave their own "CommentLuv" in comments for your blog articles!

Now here's what that comment looks like: presto! Instant "CommentLuv" with TWO live links back to your blog!Now if you should arrive on Joe's Blog, and the most recent topic is RSS, and Joe isn't running CommentLuv, you can leave your comment and a link back to YOUR RSS article. Now don't be dumb and go leaving links for the sake of leaving links! This method is also great when a CommentLuv blog won't let you choose which of your recent posts you'd like to highlight (which can also be "fixed" by temporarily re-assigning the current date to your post, moving it to the "top" of your blog, THEN leave your comment on the CL enabled blog!)
Think of this post as "Do it yourself CommentLuv"
Now, back to Intense Debate:::

Commentluv is available as an IntenseDebate plugin and can be activated through your IntenseDebate dashboard.

Here is a step by step tutorial by Karla Campos on how to install CommentLuv to Blogger

Tags: ,

Permission to reprint this blog post in whole or in part is hereby granted, provided that the author (or authors) and Dave Lucas are properly cited. Permission to reprint any comments below is granted only for those comments written by Dave Lucas and staff.
Show Comments: OR


  1. Thanks for the mention, I appreciate it very much. I like your post, it makes a lot of sense. The only thing that I want to mention is that blogs that have CommentLuv installed give commentators a sign that the link is welcomed. For those brave enough to try Dave's way, I say go for it.

  2. Thank you for the commentluv tip for blogger ...

    I think commentluv rocks and I am looking forward to the release of the premium version going o be launched very soon.

  3. Fantastic post on comment luv, tips are great to follow, very thinkable article.

  4. Very nice tip, I had no idea you could do this!

  5. Thanks for your tricks and tips for comment luv. It really helps bloggers and SEO’s to promote their websites.


    Amelie Wakelin

  6. Thanks for your tricks and tips for comment luv. It really helps bloggers and SEO’s to promote their websites.


    Amelie Wakelin

  7. That was tricky. But I doubt how many bloggers would like to accept comments that way.

  8. I heard a lot of good feedback about commentluv so I tried it in my own blog. All I can say is that, it was so awesome and I love the feature of the premium commentluv. I am so greatful that it was introduce to me by my fellow blogger.

  9. Hey that's simply great..I need to know how to make it as I also have a Blog on Blogspot and I will too make a Plugin for my website.

  10. Sometimes it is very hard to find good content on this topic. But your blog is my way to desired information, my problem is solved now. Thanks for posting something worth reading.

  11. Some really interesting points you have written. Assisted me a lot, just what I was looking for : D.

  12. Great now I can consider myself a "pro blogger" haha! All kidding asides, thanks for your simple but useful html code for CommentLuv.

  13. Thanks for letting us know about this feature. It is helpful to know because we can often make mistakes when we post. I shall pass the news onto others.


Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.


Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics