Saturday, November 05, 2011

Everything On The Net Sucks Today...

Back up your Gmail account to your local machine? There are ways to do it... hover and click on the image to find out how!

WHAT BOTHERS YOU MOST?

Even though it has been "discontinued" (along with support) you still may be able to make use of Google Desktop
Time to vent!

Google has really broken a lot of hearts - this could be the beginning of a slide of the kind seen by MySpace...

Don't think so? NOW READ THIS:

DOMINATE: FACEBOOK Comments To Be Indexed In GOOGLE Search Results...

GOOGLE makes wide-reaching change to its search algorithm...


As much as we HATE the changes, they're counting on us to get used to them!


The new G-mail interface - sucks

What Google did to Reader - sucks

Kevin Fox, a former lead designer for Google Reader, has made an offer to Google on his blog. Kevin offers that he will sign a three month contract to come back to Google to help restore the Reader product after this week’s changes — which he isn’t a fan of by any means. In fact, most people aren’t happy with Google getting rid of old social features to implement Google+.

You think your "online experience" will get better?
THINK AGAIN!

With Christmas and gift-giving time approaching, I recommend you scoop up a couple of laptops - good ones which carry the most up-to-date features and technology.

Before using them or giving them holiday presents, tweak 'em so Windows cannot do any "updates" and make sure everything is set so no program can enter your system to make any changes.

THE TIME TO PROTECT YOURSELF FROM "CLOUD COMPUTING" IS NOW!
It's okay to have stuff "out there" on servers in cyberland... but keep in mind that it could all vanish in an instant. Anything dear to you should be stored on CDs or USB sticks. The internet is being hijacked right out from under us.

THIS IS WHY THIS POST IS IMPORTANT!
Arm yourself with as much knowledge and technical knowledge you possibly can!

ABOVE ALL - Be careful! Behave yourself online! AP: CIA following Twitter, Facebook

Since Facebook got rid of the newsfeed and the way it used to have things set up when you logged in - sucks

Entrecard acting up -sucks

And now, THIS! And...
Facebook will undergo yet another modification with the implementation of Facebook Timeline, a feature placing more emphasis on users’ previous posts and display them much more prominently.
Show Comments: OR

4 comments:

  1. I have to admit, the last couple of weeks have been very frustrating when I'm trying to complete simple tasks on the web. Too many changes and too many malfunctions. Think it's time for a vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Shit!
    I don't want any of my personal things in Facebook indexed in Google!
    This is fucked up!
    I left Google a long time ago!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that the indexing of real time comments from Facebook/Twitter will weaken traditional websites/branding and only make "recent" information more relevant which isn't always the case. Sometimes older articles will be more beneficial in regards to research, information.

    I don't particularly dislike the new Gmail interface however, but I use a mail client (thunderbird) to manage all my mail anyway so am not really affected by it.

    I also don't use Google reader, I am still one of those who depends on apps and clients to do those type of things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, suck all around. I wish that Facebook would quit changing just for the sake of changing all the time. Pick something and STICK WITH IT. Since most of my family reads what I post on Facebook, my feed is pretty censored already. Just as well now, right?

    ReplyDelete


COMMENTING CHARGES
Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

WAIT, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO COMMENT?
Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

I NEED TO BE HEARD! BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY.
Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.

IMPORTANT:

Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics