Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Almost 2012

Just a few short days until 2012 begins. I certainly won't miss 2011. It was a tough year for many of us! Seems like we had to endure an awful lot of flooding (Japan and New York's Mid-Hudson Valley) along with earthquakes (Japan, NZ) and other natural catastrophes.

I'm pressing on here with the blog - kinda getting back to my "blogging roots" in a sense. I'm done worrying about traffic or PR or monetizing.

I'm blessed with a number of faithful followers who stop by and read my posts everyday. THANK-YOU!

I have a number of followers via Google+ and 180 "members" according to Google "Friend Connect." THANK-YOU!

I must be doing something right...

Blogging and blogs live on, long after (several yearsworth of) predictions they'd be replaced --- I recall back around 2005-6 all the blogging gurus were trying to convince everyone that Vlogs (video blogs) would totally wipe out blogs within a couple of years. How wrong they were (as usual!)

A HUGE Thank you blogger, blog*spot and Google for the wonderful ride right thru now! I am so glad I chose this platform originally! (I still use the XML backup feature on a daily basis, just in case!)

I hate cloud computing - the whole concept - and I still won't venture onto WordPress because of all the hosting and domain crap - [THIS ARTICLE cemented my vow to avoid WP] I've seen too many blogs fall and fail when "hosting" failed - their very blogs collapsing when images and layouts vanished - just recently I was shocked when all the photos on a very popular blog were replaced with this:

The Lesson ::: Forget about adding hosting or imaging gimmicks not supported directly through your blogging platform!

I'm happy with my presence on twitter. My usage of facebook and LinkedIn has shrunken to a level on par with dear old MySpace. Funny how facebook got so "static" - I liked it a lot better a year ago, although I'm not exactly sure why the social network made changes that increased boredom.

This isn't my final farewell to 2011 - that particular post is still being formed in my little green notebook!



Tags: ,



Permission to reprint this blog post in whole or in part is hereby granted, provided that the author (or authors) and Dave Lucas are properly cited. Permission to reprint any comments below is granted only for those comments written by Dave Lucas and staff.

3 comments:

Dawn Conklin said...

Hi Dave,

This is the first time I had the opportunity to read your blog. I have to agree with you about wordpress. I personally do not like wordpress but many people give me the speech when I say this. I am not sure what people's loyalty is to WP!
Great blog, I too noticed that traffic was doing good when I was not too worried about it.
Hope you have a happy new year!

Dave Lucas said...

Hi Dawn! Happy New Year! I like your blog and I hope we can work together on some projects in 2012!

Dawn Conklin said...

Sounds great and thank you! I have been playing around with various ideas for projects throughout 2011. 2012 is going to be the year that these projects will become a finished reality. Maybe we can work together on a couple of them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics