Saturday, January 21, 2012

Blog-Blog-Blogging Along On A Saturday Morning

I woke up - it was a snowy morning! A generous dusting of powdery white has settled over the neighborhood! Thank-you! (at left: the view from my kitchen window!)
Hi Everybody!

Morning may have already passed wherever you are: or it may not have yet come for you... either way you look at it, it's a new day, a fresh start, So, pick up your cross and join the rest of humanity as the earth takes another spin.

FACEBOOK continues to annoy me - never TEASE your readers!

To interact, one must allow participation!
I attempted to leave a comment on a fb page a few minutes ago. What happened is imaged below.
Either allow comments or not! No wonder more people don't bother leaving comments - they can't! (I know that here on this blog you have to go through CapCha to leave words, but believe me it's better than spam! And don't believe that Askimet helps. It slows down blog loading time!)Aside, to Facebook: Stop tinkering with it! You should have left it alone months ago!
VALENTINE'S DAY is the next-to-last major holiday in the fall-to-winter chain (Halloween, Thanksgiving, Xmas, New Year, Valentine's Day, Easter) ::: Are you READY? Got kids? Working to keep things afloat on a tight budget?

There are a lot of things you can accomplish on that little computer of yours besides sitting there blogging, tweeting, surfing and networking! Check out these FANTASTIC VALENTINE'S IDEAS on OoopseyDaisy.

Bloggers & Web Marketeers ::: Have you considered using Google's free Adwords Tool to give your blog a kick in the pants? If you are already signed in to your Google-related account on this computer, the link is right here! (Try it out and tell me the results - add comments below!)
NOTE: I tried to move the comments in Blogger's layout service; perhaps there is a time lag? If you don't see comments at the bottom of this post, look at the top.

ALL WEEK LONG WE'VE BEEN HEARING ABOUT INTERNET FREEDOM AND SOPA ::: Blogger and Global Voices author Ellery Biddle reflects on freedom of speech in thinking about the recent struggle against the United States proposed anti-piracy bill Stop Online Piracy (SOPA) and Cuba: “As I juxtapose SOPA and Cuba’s limitations on free speech, it may sound like I’m comparing apples and mangoes—on several levels, this is true. But my point is that high-level political rights don’t come easy, and that even when you have these rights, you have to work hard to uphold them.”

That's it for now... I'm headed out to accomplish a boatload of errands, so I'll be offline for awhile (still connected via cellular, for those who know how to find me!) (*wink ;)
Show Comments: OR

No comments:

Post a Comment


COMMENTING CHARGES
Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

WAIT, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO COMMENT?
Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

I NEED TO BE HEARD! BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY.
Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.

IMPORTANT:

Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics