Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Blogs For Sale

Finding blogs for sale isn't as easy as you'd think. (If you want to BUY one, however, I've got one for sale for ya that might be right up your alley! Get in touch and let's make a deal!)

When you search via Google you hit a variety of inactive and spam sites, one so treacherous that my browser advised me it was "malicious" in nature and desperately wanted to "harm my computer."

I visited a website entitled Blogs For Sale but there is no indication how old the blogs for sale are. Another site that sells "niche blogs" raised an eyebrow or two: "Domains not included and NO RESELL RIGHTS. These high quality niche blogs are for your private use. Refunds/Digital Downloads: All sales are FINAL and all charges from those sales are non-refundable. We have a NO REFUND POLICY..." So for $17 they sell the same niche blogs to everybody? I'll pass! You can check it out here but do do cautiously.

There are more blogs for sale, highly above that $17 mark at - these do bear dates offered for sale. But unless you happen to be Purina, I doubt you'll be shelling out $3500 for a dog food blog.

I ran across one fellow who is looking to buy blogs that fit his personal specs:
* The website receives at least 10,000 monthly unique visitors, as tracked by Google Analytics.
* At least 70% of your visitors come from search engines.
* The website has unique content and is at least one year old.
* The website has its own .com, .net or .org domain.
Judging by the comments, it looks like this was posted back in May 2011. Contact info and more is HERE.

Darren Rowse offers some blog selling tips but be warned it's a 2007 post. That's like reading something from 1947 in analog years.

Tags: ,

Permission to reprint this blog post in whole or in part is hereby granted, provided that the author (or authors) and Dave Lucas are properly cited. Permission to reprint any comments below is granted only for those comments written by Dave Lucas and staff.
Show Comments: OR


  1. There are lots of things to consider when buying or selling websites. Thanks for the great reminder!

  2. before selling the domains try to know the value of your domains. it will useful for you to sell the domains at market for profitable price. there are many domain appraisal sites out there like to value your domains. you can go with paid appraisals too.

  3. thank you very much for giving posting a very informative news and it helps me a lot

  4. Hello Dave,

    I see you mentioned my website in your post above.

    Just so you and your readers are aware, i have recently acquired the domain name you mentioned ( and i will be listing new and established blogs for sale which include all revenue screenshots, domain age ect.

    In fact there is some listings on the site at the time of writing this post.

    May be you could do an honest review of my website for your readers.

    Keep in touch and all the best,

    Aden Clark.

  5. @Aden
    Went to your site. Your graphic advertises automated niche sites right on top. Under established sites you have a site that is less than one year old, does not have any data in Alexa and has adclick history and purchase history that you could easily generate yourself. When you do have more proven blogs for sale, will be happy to consider buying. Dave's post was an accurate reflection on the current content of your site.

  6. Nice site, going to check it out now since I buy and sell blogs. Check my Niche blogs for sale :)

    Let me know if anything interests you.

    Cheers and happy blogging :P


Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.


Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics