Sunday, January 08, 2012

HoTTesT LadyBloggers 2012

She is #1.

There will never be another XIAXUE, the model for all of those teen-girly blogs you see out there on the infobahn!

In the article title I use the term "Hottest" - maybe I should change that - every one of the ladies on this list has her own unique story - Xiaxue (Wendy Cheng) "grew up" right before our eyes on her blogspot blog: we all shared her adventures and feelings, watched her morph from a shy teenager into a blogebrity, tv star, and married woman.

Blog IS life for Wendy, and also for our #2 this year, Tavi Gevinson.

Now 15 years old, @tavitulle crafted a blog and captured the hearts of New York City's fashion industry. Old saying: if you can make it in New York you can make it anywhere. how true!

Tavi's blog readership for thestylerookie quickly grew to fifty thousand daily viewers and won the ear of major designers. In 2010, she was chosen by Mattel to be one of “Barbie’s Ten Women to Watch”—a group of female high achievers who mentor young girls, and she was named one of fastcompany.com's "Most Creative People of 2010."

I'm really really tired of people complaining that female Asian bloggers have an advantage when it comes to making my list. Last year's list saw Miss Info, Bai-Ling, Michelle Malkin, Yuka Yoneda and Kimberlycun ranked in various positions. This year, I pay tribute to ALL of the Ladybloggers of Asian origin and/or extraction.

For 2012, "The Asian Female Blogger" takes #3 on this list. That means all of YOU! (Except of course for XiaXue, who is the blogsophere's undisputed reigning queen!) From Mariuca to Georyl to Monica Tang to Emila Yusof!

Let's face it, these ladybloggers own a significant chunk of the blogging cyberscape. Not only that, as they grow older each year, each one becomes more powerful, more vocal and more meaningful... and there are literally thousands of younger Asian girls from 12 up jumping onto the blogosphere faster than you can say twitter and facebook!

#4 belongs to a young blogger who is a published author! Please welcome her to the list!

Tahereh Mafi ::: "I'm 24. I'm a girl. I write books. My debut YA trilogy is published by Harper/HarperCollins, and the first novel in the series, SHATTER ME, hit shelves on November 15, 2011. I'm represented by Jodi Reamer of Writers House, LLC"




”Picture Pippi Longstocking and swedish movie director Ingmar Bergman having a love child. That's me." ~ Mia M.

#5
stands reserved for internet artist - Mia Mäkilä - her amazing artwork is always a treasure to behold! (Runner up in the art dept. is Evelyn Poulili!)


Say heyo-haylo to Yarah Bravo - next to Nicki Minaj, little Miss B is hardest working self-promoting hip-hop chick in the business! YB takes her rightful place at #6...


Which brings us to #7 - and Nicki Minaj! (YES she blogs and tweets too!)

Another author makes this precious list at #8! Magaly has secured her presence on the Net!



#9 Cynthia Occelli!

I call Cynthia a "life blogger." Imagine yourself swimming in life along the river time; think of Cynthia's blog as a friendly ship passing by in the dark night of your soul. Hop aboard for some warmth and to get your bearings and take the chill off of your outlook.

Check out Cynthia's amazing stuff - she has posted some videos as well!

Natalie! Because the way to any man's heart is through his stomach. Welcome Natalie, at #10, you complete our Top Ten Hottest Blogging Babes to watch in 2012! This year I decided to post the list from 1 to 10, as opposed to the "countdown" versions presented in recent years.

And if you wonder who might have been #11 and #12 this year (I cut the list back from the dozen it's been the last two years) why don't you NOMINATE someone yourself - put her info and URLs in the COMMENTS section below! You'll be glad you did, and she'll love you for it!

Tags: ,

Permission to reprint this blog post in whole or in part is hereby granted, provided that the author (or authors) and Dave Lucas are properly cited. Permission to reprint any comments below is granted only for those comments written by Dave Lucas and staff.
Show Comments: OR

No comments:

Post a Comment


COMMENTING CHARGES
Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

WAIT, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO COMMENT?
Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

I NEED TO BE HEARD! BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY.
Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.

IMPORTANT:

Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics