Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Time

A little more than a year ago, I posted an article regarding the concept of thinking about time not as a measurement by hourglass or clock, but as a "flow" of events, similar to the way a large body of water (think river) might travel. [We Are Small Ripples On The River Time]

The great Buddha taught that life is like a river.

A progressive moment, in which unique individual moments interlock like pieces of a puzzle to give the impression of one continuous flow. Cause to cause, effect to effect, one point to another, one state of existence to another, giving an outward impression that it is one continuous and unified movement, where as in reality it is not.

Yesterday's river is not the same as the river of today. The river of this moment is not going to be the same as the river of the next. Such is life. A continuum of change. A torrential stream of things outside consciousness.

You might also like Mankind's Search For God... and think about what Jim Morrison said "You canNOT petition the lord with prayer!" - (for discussion: why did he say that? Was there something he prayed for throughout his life that went unanswered?)

Tags: ,
Not the correct time?

Perhaps this is what you were searching for?
Time ~ An original poem by Dave Lucas

Time is light
Time is hope
Time is gathering flowers by the river

Time is watching
Time is waiting
Time is the sweet taste
of a glass of wine
of a strawberry
of a piece of chocolate
of a cold campari

Time is the smoke
of burning leaves

Time is the blood in a heart
Time is the fear in a soul
Time is the awakening Spring
Time is the glory of Summer
Time is the apples of Autumn
Stopped only by Winter...

We've had this discussion before... and again...

“I'm not in search of sanctity, sacredness, purity; these things are found after this life, not in this life; but in this life I search to be completely human: to feel, to give, to take, to laugh, to get lost, to be found, to dance, to love and to lust, to be so human.”
-- C. JoyBell C.

“You don’t write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say.” -F. Scott Fitzgerald
Show Comments: OR

3 comments:

  1. So - the Pozo Seco singers got you started thinking about this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. “Journey of life like feather in stream - must go with current.”

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there Dave!

    I am English student visit your blog many times. I am impress with your beautiful poetry.

    Do you write a poetry book? I will look on amazon.

    Lully

    ReplyDelete


COMMENTING CHARGES
Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

WAIT, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO COMMENT?
Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

I NEED TO BE HEARD! BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY.
Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.

IMPORTANT:

Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics