Saturday, January 14, 2012

Tweakery Continues Here

A bit more tweaking I have done
Trying to make my little blog more fun...

Hope you people benefit from the changes recently made: I added a container with some of the blogs I check in on regularly. I won't go so far as to call it a "blogroll" --- I also added the widget that reflects the most popular posts (as determined by Google) --- I selected the option to display the last 30 daysworth of popular posts. I already have two other "lists" appearing in the sidebars (so I said to myself, "hell, one more won't hurt") ... I also put up a link to the website that lets you see all of the foolish decisions you made in granting permission for other sites to tap into your social networks. I hope you make good use of that one.

I've also put up several "experimental" posts. Just uploading and publishing randomness and then waiting to see what happens. or doesn't happen.

Michael Corleone said to “keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.” But what, pray tell, do we do with our frenemies?

"Favorite pastime of man is fooling himself." ~ Charlie Chan

I'm looking to remove the ancient MySpace link in this blog's header but I'm not sure what I'd want to put in it's place. Not facebook. Maybe G+. Not tumblr. Maybe a link to another blog or info page? I don't know. Any suggestions?

Why NOT facebook? Because for me, FB is getting to be a more personal/professional way of communicating, like talking on the telephone. Otheres may agree with that line of thinking:

" I spoke with friends face to face (a phrase I like much better than "in real life"), and some of it as I spoke with friends over Facebook. I haven't spoken with anyone about it over the telephone, but I think it is useful to think about talking with people over Facebook as being very similar to talking with people over the telephone." ~ Aldon Hynes

"I broke something and realized I should break something once a week to remind me how fragile life is." ~ Andy Warhol

From "old post heaven" - I did a search for something the other day and for some odd reason THIS was among the results. Now here's what you don't know: Yuja Wang helped me set up my facebook account!
Show Comments: OR

1 comment:

  1. I found a site that I really like and it saves space on my computer. You have probably heard of it but it's called delicious. You can bookmark pages and put them in separate stacks according to content and you can either keep them private or share them. I do a lot of bookmarking so I thought I would share this with you and your readers.


Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.


Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics