Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The ULTIMATE Guest-Post!

As we have now bid a not-so-fond farewell to the troubled year 2011, we look ahead with optimism toward this newer, bigger, better, brighter year which we number 2012.

Let not your heart be troubled if success, joy and prosperity have eluded you.

There are writers who pen million-selling books who never wrote a short story before book one - there's a famous rock guitarist I know of whose group had a hit record and at the time he'd only been playing guitar for six months, and just happened to write the groups' second single, which rose to number one. And there are also creative multi-talented individuals who create, create, create but go unnoticed, unnoticed unnoticed.

I have assembled a cornucopia of talent in a guest-post designed to welcome a new feeling along with a New Year. You are invited to join in - leave a link to a great post you have written on your blog by dropping the link in my "comments" area.

A Guest Post By People I Never Asked To Write One

Nadia El-Awady ::: "#2011 has taught me that sometimes the worst events of our lives are shortly followed by the best events of our lives."

"Why are you online anyway? How does being online relate to your hopes and dreams? Do you have a personal mission statement? What is it, and how are your online actions helping, or hindering you from achieving your personal mission?" ~ Aldon Hynes

"Sometimes we get too accustomed to being comfortable. We forget to strive, to grow and to reach out to our goals." ~ Mavis Nong

"Before we can design our best selves for 2012, we must take inventory of 2011. This sweet time, before the new year, gives us the perfect opportunity to look back over the year, see it globally and sort through it. When we're finished we'll see where we helped ourselves or others, and where we missed the mark. " ~ Cynthia Occelli

Bahraini blogger Mahmood Al Yousif shares this message with fellow netizens: “Temper your attacks and choose your battles wisely. Refrain from childish attacks on the very bridge who can help your cause. The last thing we want .. is to continue to shout at each other, rather than find the platform to engage and talk to each other to fix the situation and move forward.”

"My wish for you in 2012 is to have the guts and compassion to stand for what is true in your life and for the country. I wish for all of us the tenacity to see things through. I wish for clarity to see the forces that are blocking growth; to be aware what your “buttons” are so you can address them. I wish for you to feel the love that’s there for you unconditionally. It’s sweetly nourishing if you can allow yourself to feel it. Be aware of it. You can feel it most in stillness when your mind is quiet, when you are open to receive. Rest on love and move on with confidence to a much brighter future." ~ Regina Lopez

Final Note - don't pay attention to "Blogging Guru" BS you're gonna hear all year long that this or that is the new thing to jump on and retweet and "like" on facebook ::: "Blogging and blogs live on, long after (several yearsworth of) predictions they'd be replaced." ~ Yours Truly

Hopes for 2012

Let's hope this nutty trend of "infographics" drops dead in 2012!

Interested in Rollin' with the online homeys? Looky Here!



Tags: ,



© 2012 by Dave Lucas.
Show Comments: OR

No comments:

Post a Comment


COMMENTING CHARGES
Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

WAIT, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO COMMENT?
Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

I NEED TO BE HEARD! BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY.
Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.

IMPORTANT:

Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics