Wednesday, February 01, 2012

#Occupy, Blogging, Snooki, Albany...

I noticed my blog was loading slowly this morning - down in the bottom screenbar there was a message "waiting for" --- so I googled it.

Somebody wanted to know if I am "still happy with the blog re-design." The answer is YES YES YES ... I like being able to have and present links, adverts and data in three-column style. If you have any suggestions, or if you're a "struggling blogger" looking for a little friendship, hit me up!

Have a look at some of things I ran across today online which I found interesting:

Photos postsVideo posts
Global Voices: The Art of the Occupy Movement

Read this post.

Actors, visual artists, writers and musicians pay homage to the #Occupy muse and are calling for an international day of creative action on February 12, 2012.

And this came today via email: Occupy Albany will welcome a busload of Occupy Wall Street protestors on Friday as the fourth stop on their 5-week long, network-building trip that will touch base in several Northeastern cities including Boston, Providence, Syracuse, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, and Newark. By building relationships between occupations, occupiers are setting the stage for nationally coordinated actions.

The Occupy Wall Street arrival will mark the kickoff to a weekend of events that begin with the Grand Opening of the Occupy Albany indoor space at 472 Madison Ave at Albany’s First Friday and a demonstration against the National Defense Authorization Act of 2011 (NDAA)

Supporting a February 3rd nationwide protest of The National Defense Authorization Act of 2011 (NDAA) Occupy Wall Street and Occupy Albany will join together in a demonstration as part of the press conference. The NDAA, signed by Obama on December 31, 2011 with ‘serious reservations’ effectively declares all U.S. soil to be a 'battleground' and leaves all Americans open to be infinitely detained without right to counsel, trial or any due process. The Civil liberties Initiative of Occupy Albany calls the bill ‘arguably one of the most dangerous pieces of legislation in the last 200 years!

ALL OVER ALBANY blog passes along info that there will be St. Patrick's Day Parade route changes

Steve reports that Jerry Jennings haschanged the route of the St. Patrick's Day Parade this year to avoid passing the bars on Pearl Street -- because, in the words of Jennings executive assistant Bob Van Amburgh, "We witnessed some things that were disturbing last year." [Table Hopping]

Show Comments: OR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.


Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics