Friday, February 03, 2012

#Occupy, Madonna, M.I.A., Nicki Minaj & SUNY New Paltz!

I don't know about YOU, but I had one helluvabusy week!

Matter of fact, moi was quite busy today - my noon report followed up on the racist incident that hit the SUNY New Paltz campus last fall. Then in the afternoon I went over to the new Madison Avenue winter storefront HQ of the Occupy Albany movement.

The folks were readying to welcome the "Occutrip" bus ride - a handful of die-hard Occupy New Yorkers touring 16 cities - they arrived in Albany this afternoon aboard a dilapidated old school bus - disembarked in Washington Park and walked across Madison Avenue to the New Occupy Albany winter storefront headquarters at 472 Madison Avenue - where they were warmly greeted by Albany Occupiers!

Here's a look at the storefront and some of the activities just before the bus arrived:
It's interesting that back around 1970-1 the neighborhood was heavily hippie, some would have called it Albany's Haight-Ashbury. The spirit in the atmosphere was eerily similar!
And here's a shot of the back of the bus the Occupy Wall Streeters came up on:
You can click on either picture for a larger image view! Now onto the moving pictures:
UPDATE ::: Surrealistic pre-press video from inside 724 Madison Avenue

First video is just chanting:
BONUS ::: More pix + Radio Report
Unfortunately, my cam stopped in the middle of everything, hanging with a message "memory is full." Oh my! Deleting I must do! Speaking of deleting:

Facebook widget dimissed - I had to delete one from the left sidebar - I have a zero tolerance policy when widgets f*** up!

And here's a few odds and ends: Miss Info has been posting the new video by Madonna+M.I.A.+Nicki Minaj, but I notice they keep getting taken down (copyright issues?) Try this:

I was pleasantly surprised to win some EC credits from Nita's Corner blog!

Blue Mountain Arts is running a Poetry Contest. Details are here and 1st prize is $300!

Tags: , , ,
Show Comments: OR


  1. Comment via facebook Bradley Russell Thanks for showing up today. Even more so now that I hear about your long day. And of course thanks for posting. I was listening to the SUNY piece on the way over to the event. Nice work as always. Time to pony up some more funds to WAMC.

  2. Occupy is really crucial to the future of the United States as a free nation with freedom and liberty and all that. When they take it away, it will be too late.

    Ted Post


Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.


Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics