Friday, February 10, 2012

Settled In For The Night

I'm getting more involved with LinkedIn. I've been on the service for quite some time, but until I found this neat little book in the public library, I didn't realize what I WASN'T doing right - and now I have fixed it.
REFERENCE ::: LinkedIn Tips from Viveka von Rosen
I'm cautious about BOTH LinkedIn and Facebook: I guard these tools and regard them as "private networks" - LinkedIn for professional contacts and Facebook for a combination Professional/Friends/Family network. I have my settings tweaked deliberately to keep these services on short leashes.

I'm sitting here with my Hot Chocolate all comfy and cozy on a Friday evening. Earlier, I prepared a wondeful dinner - we had homemade soup and fresh vegetable cheese sandwiches I made with this super-tasty Tuscan bread baked by a friend. I brewed a pot of coffee which I enjoyed while watching BBC Evening News on teevee.

It looks like some parts of the Northeast will be getting a little snow tonight. It's been a very snowless year here in Upstate NY. Watch - next winter we'll get clobbered! (Unless there really is something to this Global Warming...)

I had been thinking of going out tonight to buy a new pair of sneakers. But I just wanted to catch up with myself. A little introspection, some reading, some thinking. I got my exercise in today so I'm all set there...

A little while ago I posted a recap of my workweek. Then, I read a few blogs, spruced up my LinkedIn page...

Right now I'm listening to Michael Savage on the radio. Just did a little online shopping. I'm looking in my "Little Green Book" going over the notes I jotted down during the week. Y'know, things to do, stuff to get from the store, ideas for blog posts, etc.

The so-called "upscale" monetized blogs are all beginning to look the same - carbon copy clones of one another - especially the WordPress variety - and it's getting difficult to tell real blogs from bot blogs and splogs.

Are you getting spam comments?

Me too, but thanks to blogger/blog*spot's wonderful built-in commenting system, I can easily stop them from appearing.

Sometimes I have a little fun. I go in and change the spam comments around - and strip out the URLs the spamsters are trying to display on my network. I replace them with URLs of my own choosing!

The spam comment below [mouseover and click on to enlarge - all the better to see it with] linked to a page ! - I changed that! You can see what I did with this comment by a "girl" calling "herself" Tia by going to - Hey, at least you'll get a few laughs!

Show Comments: OR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.


Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics