Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Trackbacks, Pingbacks, Digi Auto Links Giving Bloggers Heart Attacks

I've been wondering why some of the A-link bloggers I've regularly interacted with (most notably Michelle Malkin) inexplicably did away with trackbacks after offering them on their blogs for many years.

Now we have the answer.

ALERT! There's a new plugin out there: Digi Auto Links --- it's
basically designed to trick blog owners to publish false trackbacks
and thus link to the spamming website.

This came from a well-known blogger via email ::: "Just a couple of days ago, I received a DiIgi Auto Link trackback from a well-established authority blog that I am sure most of you know and read.

Even some authority bloggers can't always say no to the lure of easy
blackhat link building techniques..."

Also there are a LOT of spammers on G+ - men and "women" from India - all marketing BS. I now delete all emails from G+ without even bothering to look at who is linking or circling me or whatever it is they do...

APPEAL! ::: Please let me know whenever you run across blogs that you've found are being kept not by humans, but bots. Read THIS post, and leave those rogue URLS in my comments box. Together we'll track 'em down and round 'em up!

Tags: , ,
Show Comments: OR

3 comments:

  1. I've noticed a lot more trackbacks lately on a couple of my blogs, and was wondering why, now I know, thanks for sharing this info Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dave,
    Thanks for the heads up! The plug in "CommentLuv" has a feature to check for the link on the source of a track back. Spam track backs don't have the link on their site so it gets deleted. That way you can get the benefit of the good track backs.

    That is a quick over view. Go to CommentLuvs web site to get the down and dirty. I believe it is G.A.S.P. is the part that has the filtering.

    I sound like a commercial don't I? ...any way I've got it on my site. Seems to work and there are a lot of good reviews out there.

    My Best -Stephen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love CommentLuv. You know, trying to keep track of spam and scraper blogs is like trying to sweep the beach clean of sand - it's just hopeless. Let them drown themselves in the sea of their own gibberish.

    ReplyDelete


COMMENTING CHARGES
Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

WAIT, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO COMMENT?
Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

I NEED TO BE HEARD! BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY.
Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.

IMPORTANT:

Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics