Saturday, February 11, 2012

The War Against Free Movie Sites

If you are no stranger to watching movies online then you will know that free movie sites aren't the most stable sites in the world. If they aren't going down because they are unable to handle large surges of traffic--it is usually because they have been forcibly removed by government authorities.

That's why it's handy to have a decent free movie sites list on hand for whenever your favorite site goes offline. Personally I like to use ch131 for watching TV Shows and movie2k to watch movies online.

The problem with the former is that it is regularly going down (at least twice a month). I know this because I have been keeping a record, and my conclusion is that ch131's server can't handle sudden surges of traffic (it is a very popular site).

Movie2k used to be a good site. But I have found that in recent times the link quality has gone way downhill. And all that they seem to offer nowadays is links to CPA affiliate offer (toolbar downloads etc) and no real movie links.

Another problem that seems to be plaguing online movie websites is the sudden death of MegaVideo. If you haven't been living under a rock for the last couple of months you would have heard that Internet Tycoon Kim DotCom was recently charged with copyright infringement amongst other crimes and consequently had his web interests frozen--including megaupload and megavideo.

In the wake of this loss other third party video hosting sites have been popping up--most notably PutLocker and SockShare which seem to be dominating the majority of working links on free movie sites.

As the war on free movie sites continues--one sometimes is left pondering whether or not it is all in vain. And whether the big studios and distributors would be better off following in Hulu.com's footsteps. For those that don't know, Hulu is a financially profitable business. It is owned and run by a team of TV networks and streams free TV shows (supported by advertising) to American audiences online.
Show Comments: OR

No comments:

Post a Comment


COMMENTING CHARGES
Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

WAIT, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO COMMENT?
Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

I NEED TO BE HEARD! BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY.
Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.

IMPORTANT:

Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics