Courtesy of: Bloggers Required
OTL Boston Live Events Subscription Club

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Google PageRank Not Working

Kira was moved to blog when the blog's PR vanished...

PR - Schmee-R!

Bloggers have been tortured and troubled "Help, I've lost my PageRank!"

Someone commented on seogeekster blog ::: "When I checked my site first I was shocked. It was showing PR 0. I was confused. Then I opened another more site to my browser, but all were showing 0. I even posted the problem to a seo forum, but I didn't get any reply. Then I did some research on it and I realized that Google is not updating PR it is modifying the equation of the page rank."

Blogmeister Kira weighed in ::: "In my opinion, Google can't stop this Pagerank tool right away as this is one of their bread and butter when it comes to advertising and so with us though. I remember from its history, the two things that made Google search engine popular and unique from other search engines were/are the backlinking / popularity and the Pagerank."

Bloggers, whoa!

  • In case you haven't heard, PR is no longer "all that glitters" on the net.
  • Google got wise to all of the "blog gurus" and "seo pdf peddlers" and they've cut the legs out from under them!
  • Google is performing algorithm updates specifically to target sites over doing the SEO.
  • Been over to any "A-list" blogs recently? see any mention of PageRank or a badge or button anywhere there?

Now do you "get it"???

I left a few words for Kira :::

Hey Kira! You've opened another "Pazndora's Box" here - I just tweeted out your link with the headline "Anyone still care about PageRank?" - what once was a big scare tactic/money maker for "blog gurus" is no longer a player... oh, and Kira and friends, check this Google article out: http://twitchy.com/2012/03/16/google-will-attempt...


Thanks to those fool's messiah's - the "SEO experts," the folks they were pretending to help - the bloggers - get the shitty end of the stick on this deal! I've warned you before and I will warn you again: STAY AWAY FROM THE BLOGGING GURUS AND THEIR B.S.

Tags: ,

Print this pagePRINT THIS POST

Show Comments: OR

1 comment:

  1. TRY BLEKKO FOR SEO!

    Take a moment to type your blogs URL into Blekko, followed by the command /SEO. What you will find is an incredible amount of available data. Not only is Blekko able to output the same sort of inbound link data that we once relied on Yahoo Site Explorer for, but it offers much, much more. Inbound links are able to be sorted according to date, and users can pull up nifty graphs and pie charts showing all sorts of data including geographic sources of links.

    ReplyDelete


COMMENTING CHARGES
Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

WAIT, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO COMMENT?
Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

I NEED TO BE HEARD! BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY.
Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.

IMPORTANT:

Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics