Friday, March 16, 2012

#Maroc #Amina Filali #Amina Al Filali #RIPAmina

Suicide is popular in Morocco - something I've learned after noticing a rash of tweets - and getting a "special trends alert" regarding #RIPAmina

This may be true (check out the grammar!)... "A minor 16 years Moroccan decided to end his life in Larache (North of Morocco) after being forced to marry her rapist, ten years older than she, and by the mistreatment to which he was subjected.

Says daily local “to Massae” in its edition of this Tuesday, last Saturday the girl decided to eat a rat poison in the House of the family of the husband, desperate for the ill-treatment to which he was subjected by this and her husband, as well as the rejection of his own father to receive at home."

The notion of eating poison after sexual molestation apparently must be a familiar third-world concept... and it seems suicide is such a popular way to go in Morocco (if all the news reports are true) that even the AMBASSADOR has done it...

JSQM takes out rally in Hyderabad

The News International - 16 hours ago
PPI adds: The Ambassador of Morocco, Mohammed Rida El Fassi, ... who remained jobless for months, committed suicide on Monday under a railway engine near ...

The name AMINA has been used in online hoaxes in the past... I sent out a few tweets along these lines..

#RIPAmina ANYONE HAVE A LINK TO A NEWS ARTICLE ABOUT THIS? @FarahSaafan @Meriamb @FromNusaybah @fella_bentoumi

Of course, no one could supply a link, which is when, after a bit of hunting, I found the lone DELTA STORY MENTIONED ABOVE!

Soon after, a blog post appeared: claiming Amina was sexually victimized by a rapper: (click on image to enlarge)Certainly, if it is true, it is a sad story - but this kind of thing has gone on for years and likely will continue to happen in the future in North Africa and the Middle East. The power of social networking could possibly turn this tale into another component of Revolution, Arab Spring-style... or, it could end up getting a lot of people, censored, banned, jailed or put to death...
Tags: ,
Show Comments: OR

1 comment:

  1. My "#", was civilisation and not the one you used in your title. But I received a mail advice about your article ... An hoax ? Not this time ; and for what ? About the French election ? ...


Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.


Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics