Saturday, March 03, 2012

Start Here

So you want to have more fun with your blog, perhaps make a little extra cash, and feel like you're living a fuller, richer life? Never fear! Ana and I are here!

I just finished reading an article on Ana's Traffic Generation Cafe blog.

It got me thinking.

(1) We bloggers (and you internet marketers or entrepreneurs as well) are pretty darn lucky that we have blogs and can use them to bring in a little extra money, even if it is "just a little." I know a couple of bloggers in third-world countries who cherish the USD$100 monthly deposits from Google's AdSense program.

Heck, I know of bloggers right here in the USA, still "dial-uppers," who make anywhere from $20 to $50 a month from their blogs - money used to help feed the family and in a good month, buy a few inexpensive treats! These are tough times for all.

(2) My blog is now a "portal" that can take you to many other wonderful websites and blogs. I personally selected all of the links you see in the sidebars to other keyboards! If you "Start Here" you can only end up exploring a world wide web of wonder!

(3) I believe China will someday become the United States' staunchest ally and trade partner, and while we're not doing much right now to foster that realtionship, I've taken my own individual baby steps by establishing a presence on the Chinese version of twitter. I've also opened a blog on Sina, which you'll hear more about in time.

(4) Ana is making some good money with her blog (she periodically releases blogging income reports) but to read her article entitled "Why Traffic Generation Cafe Is NOT Doing As Well As It Should" - you'd think she was living and blogging out of the back of a pickup truck. Of course, she's obviously built her blog as a moneymaker, but gee whiz, four figures a month in amounts that equal the take-home pay of minimum wage workers is nothing to be ashamed of! (Hey, if Ana can do it - YOU can too!)

And so, at this point, I turn the rest of this post over to Ana:

(5) And it's a good thing that blogs can be run from the back of a pickup truck, since that's where I am going to be for the next... who knows how long, now that we sold our house and will be living out of our car, suitcases, and hotels for a while. Yes, we are lucky to have the smarts to get into businesses that are completely under our control and that's why we shouldn't settle for $20-$50 per month. Dave is thinking ahead and establishing his budding empire in China; surely you and I can think of ways to get ahead in our businesses as well.

Show Comments: OR


  1. You and I churn out pretty good posts together, Dave. lol

  2. @Ana - yeah, but your stuff is so much better and fancier! That's ok! We're all in this together!


Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.


Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics