Sunday, April 08, 2012

21 Things I Did to Get My Blog to Top 10 Status

Funny thing - the problem with posts like "21 Things I Did to Get My Blog to Top 10 Status": it seems that they are only written by bloggers who blog about blogging. I've never seen one written by any other type of blogger. Have you? If yes, please leave the URL in comments so I can check it out! Thanks!

One more thing - have you noticed there are certain "bands" of guru bloggers and guru-blogger followers that always seem to be blogging about and backslapping one other? Interesting thing about this list is just ONE of the bloggers appearing on the "in" list also operates within a completely different circle of gurus! Congrats to YOU (you know who you are) for pulling this off! Now THAT would be something to write a blog post about!

PS - amazing! A whole unique set of "commenters" as well! I wonder how many of these circles exist across the blogosphere, and why more of these folks haven't run across each other? I know of at least 5 "circles" - I'm the only "outsider" who has interacted with all of them as far as I know!

Keep in mind - there are gaZillions of people online reading blogs - don't let the gurus fool you into thinking their particular clique is the center of the internet. It's not!
Show Comments: OR

3 comments:

  1. Wow. As I responded to your comment on my own blog, my post on how I got to be a top 10 blogger was meant only to motivate people and try to lessen their learning curve, because I discovered strategies through trial and error, that might be helpful to other bloggers. That was my only intention.

    I don't consider myself in a "clique of bloggers." I worked hard, for four years, to get where I am today.That Danny Brown included me on a list is amazing, but I didn't bribe him or anything. You didn't respond to my response (on my blog) , so I really didn't know where you were coming from.

    Just how I feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well. Seems like we started this conversation on my blog. Yes, I was crazy enough to think that some of the things I did to become an award-winning blogger might actually help other people. It took me four years to get to where I am today.

    And, yes, I got on Danny Brown's list. And I was honored. But it really wasn't back slapping.

    Just worked really hard to get to where I am today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Judy - my position is nothing against you or what you do - it's just that this whole pyramid of "bloggers helping bloggers make blogs that make money" never gets read by people who don't care about the cult of blogs making money - they just want to better their own blog - and again, if you know of anyone who blogs about, for example, growing tomatoes indoors, and that person has penned a blog entry explaining what they did to increase blog readership, I'd like to see it!
    CHEERS! :)

    ReplyDelete


COMMENTING CHARGES
Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

WAIT, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO COMMENT?
Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

I NEED TO BE HEARD! BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY.
Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.

IMPORTANT:

Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics