- 1. Determine your budget. You'll need to figure out how you are going to move, whose going to help you, what you need for a down payment or deposit on your next place, will you need to stay in a hotel during your move? All of these are costs that need to be figured out before you start planning a move. Write things down and calculate!
- 2. Figure out what you truly need to take with you. Taking trash with you on your move is a big no no. Go through your things and throw items away if necessary.
- 3. Contact your utility company. This is something many people overlook. You need to make sure you aren't getting charged for your old place, either have them transfer your bills and usage, or cancel and find a new company.
- 4. Make sure you change your address. This is also a biggie many people forget, if you already know your new address, a change of address is always better sooner rather than later.
- 5. Make sure you have places to put your items in your new home. Whether it be ceiling storage, a pantry, garage storage or anywhere you choose, stock up on these items, the last thing you want in your new place is clutter.
Sunday, April 01, 2012
5 Things to Figure Out Before the Big Move
Moving for most people isn't just packing up and driving away. It takes special consideration and planning before the day. Whether you are moving a mile or 3000 miles, there are a few key things that need to be done.