Friday, April 06, 2012

Another Week Behind Me

As my journey along this mortal coil continues, I look back with some degree of satisfaction on another "week that was."

Monday I was in Poughkeepsie for a meeting (photos above and below) Congresswoman Nan Hayworth called with representatives of several of New York State's major environmental advocacy groups.With Congressman Maurice Hinchey retiring later this year, the eco-folk are looking to Hayworth to assume the cause as champion of New York's vast resources. They urged her to work across party lines to support ecological issues. She was very friendly, open and responsive.

Among the topics: clean air and water, agriculture, infrastructure, hydrofracking and tourism. The activists presented the Congresswoman with their ideas and initiatives - Hayworth told the panel she is already aware of most of their concerns, and the meeting ended on a high note. Hayworth promised to start "asking questions" immediately upon her return to DC.

The rest of the week spun by quickly - I was involved in a variety of projects, working out of Poughkeepsie, New Paltz and Albany... four-letter word now: BUSY!

I would never dive off a building myself, but I do think I understand why some folks would. Several times during the week I had to act as a referree of sorts, preventing human wills from colliding. Anyone who has beentheredonethat knows what a daunting task that can be!

So this is a dual holiday - Passover and Easter. Regards, respect and reverence for your holy days, my Jewish and Christian friends!
Show Comments: OR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.


Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics