Monday, April 23, 2012

How to Landscape on a Budget

Everyone knows the feeling.
Money may be a little tight right now.
The economy is down and people are looking for ways to save money in all aspects of their lives.

People are trying to eat out less, opt for a red box instead of going to the movie and trying to conserve energy and water use to lower their bills.

Landscaping is a cost that many see as expensive, but it doesn't have to be. Follow these few tips and you can start saving on your landscaping Las Vegas costs.

1. Comparison Shop. You may know what you want your yard or business to look like, but just a small difference in flowers and shrubs can save you a lot of money. Maybe one species of cacti is far more expensive than the other. Pay attention to the details.

2. Don't overplant. Less can be more. Do enough to make your yard look well maintained without going overboard. You don''t necessarily need 15 shrubs outside your front door for it to look nice.

3. Make your own compost. Don't buy spendy composts and manures when you can use your dinner leftovers to help your vegetation grow.

4. Use rocks. Rocks can be beautiful accents to your landscaping, and the great thing is you don't have to water them. Try replacing a bush with a rock or even that tree in your backyard with a sculpture.

You'll be able to see the savings on your water bill!
These are just a few tips to lowering your landscaping costs. It is important to save money in every way you can. Little changes like these could save you hundreds of dollars on your water and landscaping costs this year. Be smart and research your options before just diving in.
Show Comments: OR

No comments:

Post a Comment


COMMENTING CHARGES
Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

WAIT, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO COMMENT?
Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

I NEED TO BE HEARD! BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY.
Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.

IMPORTANT:

Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics