I'm learning to love my replacement cellphone! After a couple of minor incidents involving my trusty ol' Kyocera Wild Card cellphone (Technical issues which I suspect are due to the unit having become too to be properly supported by the carrier system*) I decided I needed to upgrade...
I wanted to stay on the Virgin Mobile network so I chose the recently discontinued Blackberry 8530:
- It has a keyboard, which I prefer over a touchscreen.
- BB's have the capability of pushing email to the phone.
- It has wi-fi and access to the BB apps store.
- It can record and playback mp3 and video.
- It is built for social media participation.
So I got the little guy in the mail, and put him into service at the end of the monthly cycle.
(Among apps I have already installed: Google Voice, sina weibo, twitter and KINDLE! They work great!)
* issues include - I went a whole month without being able to receive text messages. I could send 'em just fine. Many many calls to tech support before the issue was resolved with what the guy in India called a 'server reset' - and suddenly the phone would go through violent episodes of turning itself off an on, centered around the days before and after the 'new month' of service ended/began
Unlock Your BlackBerry Smart Phone With This Unlock Code (Payment Required)Tags: Blackberry Curve, Blackberry 8530