Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Obamanomix


You cannot let sleeping dogs lie - not when those dogs are the economy, gasoline prices, student loan debt and Colombian hookers.

President Barack Obama has the political fight of his life looming if Mitt Romney can convince American voters they'd be better off with a Mormon in the White House. Now I have nothing against Mormons, that's why we're recognizing the manatee in the room straightaway. The fact that JFK was Roman Catholic probably cost him more than a few votes, but he still made it to the top in spite of religious prejudice.

The November US Presidential election is 6 months away. SIX SHORT MONTHS. Now, a lot can happen in that amount of time. For now we just have to see how things play out. I wouldn't even venture a guess today as to who has a better chance, Obama or challenger Romney. Keep your eye on gas prices, which are now going down slightly. I remember the last election the price at the pumps was way down during October. Gas is the #1 economic driver (I don't care what the "experts" say) and the closer the price gets to $4.50 a gallon, the better things get for Mitt Romney, and should the price rise above $4.50, he is a shoo-in!

What if gas sinks below $4? Hmmmmmm... let's say down to $3.75... now it's Obama with the edge... at $3.19 the President may be unbeatable... $2.99 and below it's Obama by a landslide!

This is regardless of what happens with the student loans, the hookers, and everything else. Hang on for an interesting ride!
Show Comments: OR

No comments:

Post a Comment


COMMENTING CHARGES
Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

WAIT, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO COMMENT?
Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

I NEED TO BE HEARD! BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY.
Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.

IMPORTANT:

Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics