Friday, May 11, 2012

LED lighting is the future!

Many businesses are taking initiative to save themselves money and reduce their carbon footprint by replacing their incandescent lights with led tube lights and candelabras. It used to not be affordable to use LED lights all the time in all fixtures, but technology has been evolving rapidly. Manufacturers are now contending to competitively price their models and make it affordable for those in the business sector and for homes to switch to led lighting. They are now more readily available for homes and those looking to replace their lights in smaller areas.

Replacing your home lights with LED candelabras and other LED lights can end up saving you a lot of money. These LED lights have been said to last up to 50 times longer than their counterparts. That means you may only have to replace your bulbs every 20 years.

LED lights are also colored very similarly to regular incandescent lights, so you won't have to worry about the lighting in your house changing if you don't want it to. But LED lights also have options with lighting; many of them are even dimmable. You can customize your home the way you want it to be. Control the lighting based on which room you are in or just invest in dimming lights to be able to change the lighting at any time.

There are many other perks to having LED lights in your home alongside the control of the lighting and saving money. LED lights will also not contribute to the heat build up in your home, meaning they won't consume your energy through your air conditioning costs or lighting costs. And last, but not least, bugs are not attracted to these light bulbs. That's right, put one on your back porch and those mosquitos and other pests won't swarm around and try to bite you as you walk by. Point of the matter, switch to LED lighting; the benefits are overwhelming.
Show Comments: OR

1 comment:

  1. LED lights are amazing! I cant wait until there used more and more in homes. I remember just using them in little science experiments at school.
    Are you sure they don't attract bugs?

    ReplyDelete


COMMENTING CHARGES
Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

WAIT, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO COMMENT?
Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

I NEED TO BE HEARD! BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY.
Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.

IMPORTANT:

Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics