Thursday, May 31, 2012

Pop Clips » 31 May 2012

I think that it's really neat when Bloggers share their adventures! We've experienced Morocco with Sharmin, now come to Bhutan with Sabrina...

"I chose to blog for my family/friends to educate them about Bhutan and paint a picture of my experiences as a foreigner because most of my American friends didn’t have a clue about Bhutan and my grandma still tells people that I’m in China. I write with some humor to make my family laugh and spice it up. What I don’t want to do is offend anyone. I want to remind people that these are my perceptions and experiences based on my background, which may not be the experiences of others. I didn’t come to Bhutan for hot showers or a Bhutanese husband (however, if I find one, that’s ok☺), but I came to have a cultural exchange and teach my heart out to both my Bhutanese students and my blog readers. I want to stress that I love Bhutan and all the Bhutanese people I meet. Bhutan feels like home for me! Therefore, it’s an honor to be able to have all these experiences to blog about. I now welcome any “strangers” who are interested in reading it since my Dad is sharing it with every Californian he knows. I’ve learned that other Bhutanese people are discovering it as well. So I hope you enjoy it, ignore anything you don't like, and feel free to comment! Tashi Delek!

South Sudan: Blogging the Newest Country in the World

Read this post.

South Sudan declared its independence on 9 July 2011 to become the world's newest country. Global Voices has compiled a list of blogs with regular reports, analyses, updates, and opinions relating to South Sudan. These blogs cover a variety of subjects such as gender, politics, language, health and humanitarian work.

– Mainstream media need new blood from other more entrepreneurial fields as well as a massive infusion of youth.

– Government funding is a very bad idea. We have to be capable of more creativity than that.

– Most media organizations still too often act as if they are in control.

– Traditional newspapers are profoundly troubled, but not necessarily doomed.

– Those who view an unorganized world full of citizen journalists as idyllic are smoking something. More »

Cuba: Bloggers Discuss Mariela Castro's U.S. Visit

Read this post.

On the heels of U.S. President Barack Obama's support for gay marriage, Mariela Castro, the daughter of Cuban President Raul Castro and Director of the country's Centro Nacional de Educación Sexual (National Center for Sex Education), has been addressing gay rights activists during her tour of the United States. Her trip has been stirring up some controversy in the Cuban blogosphere.

"Bring Your Meds!
[source: Carol Montana]
Show Comments: OR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.


Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics