Thursday, June 14, 2012

The BEST Niche Blogging Advice

Here it is ::: "Blog about your life, opine on current events, share your expertise in whatever you are an "expert" in (if you are expert in anything at all), and if you are really good at it, you may just attract some attention and become a 'known' blogger!

Blah! It seems the "advice blogging" crowd has wrapped its brain around "niche" blogging this week! And unfortunately for those honestly seeking sound advice, the blogger who authored the article snippeted below below chose to copy/comment/cite 'ProBlogger' Darren Rowse from AN ARTICLE WRITTEN MORE THAN TWO YEARS AGO!

Every blogger, starting out, wants to get noticed—but that can be tough when you’re the new guy in a sea of established sites. What can you do to bypass the years of building traffic? Are there ways to establish yourself quickly and grow?

The answer is yes: blog in a niche.

In other words, this blogger suggests you don't have to work at building a credible blog and establishing yourself. Just pretend to be an authority by establishing a 'niche' blog! There are hundreds of these WordPress 'Scraper' blogs today - - Google is hunting them down and de-listing them one-by-one!

Two years on the internet equals ten years in analog mode! I wouldn't pay any attention to advice that aged: the internet constantly changes, and Google has changed the way PR and AdSense work, (in other words, you're not going to get rich anytime soon by opening up a 'niche' blog and following the instructions the gurus have been giving this week) so instead, I recommend that you just do what I suggested in the comment I left on the above article:

Dave Lucas
Twitter:
says:

Oh my! It seems the obsession to blog about blogging is now centering on “niche.” This is the fifth article purporting to give “niche blogging advice” I’ve run across since Monday!

Nonsense!
Just blog!

Blog about your life, opine on current events, share your expertise in whatever you are an “expert” in (if you are expert in anything at all), and if you are really good at it, you may just attract some attention and become a “known” blogger!
Dave Lucas recently posted..A Brief History of why the Economy is in the Crapper TodayMy Profile

BLOG ON!
Show Comments: OR

1 comment:


COMMENTING CHARGES
Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

WAIT, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO COMMENT?
Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

I NEED TO BE HEARD! BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY.
Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.

IMPORTANT:

Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics