Friday, June 08, 2012

Best Things About Summer

We could just leave it at, everything about summer is great, but lets go into more detail...

What makes summer so appealing? Well I guess everyone enjoys different things, but I think there are a few things most people can agree on. Here are some of the best things about summer.

1. Hot weather and being able to be outside.
2. Getting tan and looking obviously slimmer or more ripped because of it.
3. 4th of July and fireworks companies setting off huge displays.
4. The fruity drinks that come along with warm weather.
5. S'mores.
6. Wildflowers growing, literally everywhere! Pick some!
7. Summer rain and the thunderstorms and smell that comes along with it.
8. Longer days and more sunlight.
9. Getting into the water, whether it be a pool, ocean or the river.
10. Picnics outside.
11. Not having to get ready and just calling it the beach look.
12. Ice cream cones.
13. On that note: snow cones as well.
14. Summer camps, well they use to be at least, that is something you grow out of.
15. Outdoor concerts with cold drinks in hand.
16. Iced coffee to cool you down and wake you up.
17. Water balloon fights.
18. Mini golfing, or real golfing, whichever you prefer.
19. Being able to wear all your bright colored clothes, sunglasses, shoes, etc.
20. Flip flops and free feet.
21. Bicycle rides for one, two or groups of ten.
22. Frisbee.
23. Grilling burgers, steaks, kabobs and really anything outside.
24. Camping trips with friends, families, or whoever.
25. Vacation.

These are just a few of our favorite things. I think everyone can at least appreciate a large portion of this list. So enjoy yourself this summer. Think of all the great things that warm weather brings along with it. Smile and take it all in.
Show Comments: OR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.


Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics