Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A Dave Lucas REACTION to "What You Just Aren’t Getting About Social Media Marketing" and Other Articles...

I was doing a lot of blog-bumping early this morning. There's so much nonsense out there. So much in the way of bad, stupid, outdated and redundant advice. There's some incredible stuff too, but, the average person is unable to tell the difference.

A lot of "blogging gurus" make their money fooling others! Kim Kardashian is a great example of using someone recognized by the masses as "credible" or "attractive" or a "trends setter." So because KK does something or endorses a product, those masses simply must do the same. You don't think it could happen to you? Did you or someone you know buy a pair of Skechers, thinking that shoes could help you lose weight and tone your body?

Continue reading and you'll find three articles + my responses! ENJOY and have a great day!


  1. Dave Lucas

    Social Media Marketing is way overrated. I believe Facebook’s less than spectacular IPO attests to that. We are on the edge of a long overdue “leveling” of the playing field. Huffington Post is putting out a new “Sunday Magazine” that will be available via iTunes. Look NOW, because this could be the beginning of “the next big thing” (I hate using that term) on the internet and the return of mainstream media to domination when it comes to dissemination of news and information. Just sit back and watch. Facebook is already becoming another my_space.

#6 – Write “Trophy Pigeon” Posts

The “Trophy Pigeon” is a term coined by an Internet marketer named Chris Munch. The idea is simple. You put together an epic post that gives out awards in your niche. Ultimately this generates traffic because you’re creating a linkbait article that gets lots of attention.

A Trophy Pigeon post is based off people’s inherent ego. Whenever we get an award or a mention, it’s only natural to tell people about it. So you can get a flood of traffic by having people in your niche discuss (and link to) this great piece of content.

Getting Started

The best place to learn this technique is Chris’s Trophy Pigeon report. Yes, you’ll have to pay around $15. But I think it’s a nominal fee considering it details a highly effective traffic technique.

Read more:
Dave Lucas

Regarding #6 – I think I’ll croak if I see one more idiotic bogus “awards” blog. If I visit a blog and spot one of those goofy “best blogger” badges — I’M OUTTA THERE!

Dave Lucas
June 13, 2012 at 7:32 am

I’m everywhere!
Old Saying: “You can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make him drink.”
New Saying: “You can lead a netizen to your blog or website, but you can’t make him or her interact.”
People will do what they want to do. And because people are sheeple, if blogging guru “Joe” and guru-ess “Jane” tell them to go to blogger X’s blog because they can make money, they’ll do it! Blogger X WILL make money (as an affiliate of Joe and Jane) and the netizen will have NOTHING OF VALUE (except for the fact that he or she THINKS it is something of value!)… People running the BEST NICHE BLOGS, I’ve found, blog with passion, and they are not worried about everything you outlined above. Because they are great, money, if they’re looking for it, comes naturally. The fakers can only fake for so long!

Blog On!
Dave Lucas recently posted..Pop Clips » 12 June 12My Profile

Show Comments: OR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.


Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics