There are flower shops all over this country, and although it isn't a common thought when traveling, stopping by them based on geographic region can be quite the treat. Not only based on region, but also based on the size of the city. Here are some of my favorite florists from around the country.
1. Flowers of the Field. This florist who is located in Las Vegas, NV still has a small shop appeal, but with the large selection you would want from a florist. They are quick on delivery and just looking around their selection is a joy.
2. Park Florist. This flower shop is located in Takoma Park, MD. They even offer a flower design class, if you are in the area, I would recommend taking them up on that.
3. Park Avenue Floratique. This New York flower shop offers unique arrangements and a great atmosphere. I recommend checking out their exotic collections.
4. Trudy's Floral Design. Now to the opposite side of the country, Seattle is the home for this floral shop. This shop has flowers and various vase and glass designs made from recycled glass. A gift like those with the flowers, makes it that much more special.
5. Tillie's Flower Shop. This local flower shop is the second oldest business in Wichita Kansas. You can expect a little bit of everything from them.
These are just 5 great florists from across the country. Seeing the difference between flower shops in different cities and regions is extremely interesting. Next time you are traveling around, pick out comparisons in cities and you will be able to indulge in their culture that much more.