Courtesy of: Bloggers Required
OTL Boston Live Events Subscription Club

Friday, June 29, 2012

Liane Membis #limembo ::: Liberette?

"Liane was a liar, Liane was a fake, Liane came to my website, stole all she could take"

"According to related reporting, Ms. Membis will be in a national-level beauty pagent later this year. Guess I am wondering what she'll roll out in the talent competition."

"For every infraction someone is held accountable for, there are probably 100 that won't even be discovered..." A police chief once told me that during a radio interview. There's more to the Liane "lazy" Membis story than meets than eye, I'm sure, and here is one more bit of evidence. This came from someone who was searching or browsed by my blog, someone whose attention was attracted to or drawn by the appearance of the word and website "Liberette" which was the brainchild of disgraced journalist Liane Membis.

I received this comment on my recent post about Ms. Membis:
"Hello, We established our online sexy clothing shop www.liberette.com in 2005. Liberette stands for being a Free-Woman who wears, thinks and does what ever she wants, Our customers and models often call themselves "Liberette's". These two central ideas have been stolen by Liane Membis and her www.liberettemag.com To a true Liberette it certainly does not matter what colour of your skin you are, hence "Love Sees No Colour". It was bad enough having our concept ripped off by Liane Membis, but what really hurts is that it has basically been ripped off by a light fingered, politically correct, box ticking racist. Thank You Libbyx The Liberette Liberette Glamour Fashions"

My guess is that Ms. Membis didn't think anyone would notice her lifting anything from a UK website that most folks in her niche wouldn't be likely to bump into. A lot of young people growing up as part of the internet subculture have learned that “borrowing” is okay… it began as “sampling” of tunes by hiphop artists… and look how Nicki Minaj hijacked the “Barbie” franchise but nevertheless ended up in the good graces of toymaker Mattel!

And look at blogs – just lifting random copy and images from here and there. I wonder if Ms. Membis realized where she heading when she began enhancing her articles with ficticious information. At least she didn’t plagiarize anything we know of…

Below are screengrabs from each liberette website. Your comments and questions or any observations are most welcome here!



Show Comments: OR

2 comments:

  1. Thank you very much Dave,
    You are a proper Journalist.
    Best Wishes
    Libbyx

    ReplyDelete


COMMENTING CHARGES
Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

WAIT, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO COMMENT?
Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

I NEED TO BE HEARD! BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY.
Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.

IMPORTANT:

Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics