Friday, June 22, 2012

Thou Shalt Not Park in Handicapped Spaces

(sing it to the tune of "I've got friends in low places")

From the Sheriff's Office: (Via ACO)

Albany County Sheriff Craig D. Apple announced today the results of a one (1) day “Project Access” Handicap Parking saturation initiative that was conducted on Thursday, June 21, 2012.

A total of 41 parking summonses were issued to individuals who parked illegally in designated handicapped parking spaces. A breakdown of the summonses issued by individual departments is presented on ACO's blog HERE.

And what's following was sent to me via email:

photo - Collins Parks Wherever He Wants


CHRIS COLLINS ROUTINELY PARKS WHEREVER THE HECK HE WANTS

As Erie County Executive, Chris Collins was caught many times parked illegally all over the county - from double parking outside stores to leaving his car parked in clearly marked No Parking Zones. Worst of all: as the photo above proves, he has parked in Handicapped Parking spots even when there were legal spots just steps away.

When asked by Republican leaders about the security photo evidence above, Collins claimed the photos were altered with a computer program. In fact, the photos are from private security footage, clearly time and date stamped, and completely unaltered. He lied.

What kind of person thinks they are entitled to block parking spaces reserved for people suffering from handicaps? And what kind of person lies about it when they are caught on camera?

MORE SECURITY CAMERA PHOTOS HERE:
http://buffalorecord.wordpress.com/2011/11/03/chris-collins-disabled-redux/

Tags: ,
Print this pagePRINT THIS POST
Show Comments: OR

No comments:

Post a Comment


COMMENTING CHARGES
Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

WAIT, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO COMMENT?
Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

I NEED TO BE HEARD! BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY.
Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.

IMPORTANT:

Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics