Friday, June 08, 2012
Where do you work it out?
Everyone has his or her preferences when it comes to working out. It makes sense because everyone has a different body and their bodies respond differently to activities. Although some people have a preference, some people don't even know where to start. Many people make it a goal to get in shape and think their only option is going to the gym three times a week and running on the treadmill. This is a very false assumption. If you are lost looking for direction on how to get in shape, here are some ideas.
1. Join a sports team. There are tons of competitive and recreational teams out there for people of all ages. Whether you have played a sport since kindergarten or have never played a sport before, it doesn't matter. Check out your city's website or browse online or at your nearest gym to find a list of sports around you. There's bound to be one you can enjoy.
2. Join a Boot camp. Boot camp style workouts are all over the place right now. Some last for a week or two and some go year round. Just Google boot camp and your city and you are bound to come up with something.
3. Get Cross Fit. Cross fit is pumping out some of the most fit athletes in the world right now. Although it can be extremely intense, it is suitable for all people regardless of their skill level. You can be a beginner or a pro here.
4. Get a Personal Trainer. Personal trainers in Las Vegas and other places don't have to be super spendy. You can find some trainers at gyms and those who are still in college who are sometimes available to coach you for less money than you would think. This is a sure way to be motivated.
5. Get a puppy or dog. Not even kidding. Getting a dog or puppy that you can walk around everyday will help you stay motivated to get outside and at least walk.
These are just a few ideas on how to get in shape this summer. There are plenty of ways to get rid of that 5 lbs you have been trying to ditch for 6 months. Just get out there and get started!