Friday, June 15, 2012

Xiaxue Has A Secret...

Actually it's "The Secret" - you know - the updated Wallace Wattles "life strategy" --- Remember Guru James Arthur Ray (who is one of the "stars" in "The Secret" DVD?) Something happened to Mr. Ray on his way to spiritual enlightenment: he bumped into the dollar. In the end, all the abundance he had and affirmations he made could not save him.

I've tried affirmations and I know people who have tried affirmations. They work or they don't work. Tony Robbins also subscribes to that "believe and it shall be" theory.

Does this stuff really work? "The Secret" seems to have convinced Xiaxue - who was already talented and helping herself along life's road. Long before she watched the DVD.

So... This "Secret" seems to work for some people, and not for others. Kind of like some medicines work well for some but don't do anything for others?

I am convinced there is SOMETHING, some mechanism or entity or deity or radio wave at work when it comes to affirming and believing. Maybe the quality of transmission of one's thoughts and beliefs affects whether the Universe picks up the signal?

There's also the John Randolph Price take on "Abundance" ---

If ever comes the day affirmations and/or abundance (oh, and "gratitude") work for me, I'll let you know! (Perhaps I'm too much of a "doubting Thomas?")

Meantime, avoid this "secret" as if your wallet depended on it!
Show Comments: OR


  1. I have thought about the Laws of Attraction, that term was long before "The Secret" hit the market. Life is funny how it works isn't it? In 1998, the new 1999 Jaguar XJ8 came out. Black, Leather, Moonroof.. what a sharp car. I was only in my 20s and just got my first house. I couldn't afford this car! But for many years, I had the "picture" of this car on every cubicle I worked. Ten years later an ex co-worker, called and seen my car on Ebay for 5k. 38k miles Mint condition. It's now mine. Law of Attraction, or coincidence? I am a believer in patterns, and DNA in people. But I do think there is truth in energy, and so much more that we cannot understand. I think like every thing else. We can take what we want from these books, DVDs, and leave what isn't right. James Ray had some great lectures, but wasn't present in the here and now. He could have made his money, and then some, if he would only focus on one task at a time. You were right, greed and the mighty dollar allowed his focus to stray, and people died.

  2. @Kimmy

    Nice story! There may be underlying factors that help govern these laws - if they are laws at all - I've never had much luck using them - despite reading the books and watching the Secret DVD!!!!


Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.


Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics