You might spend half your life with your mattress, but how well do you really know him/her? The following 10 unusual mattress facts from Sueno could be make or break for the relationship. Will the luxury and heritage seal the deal, will personal hygiene leave you looking elsewhere or could you even be housing a secret killer?
1. The average mattress will double its weight after 10 years due to being crammed with dust mites and their detritus.
2. Ohio State University experts report that the average mattress holds between 100,000 and 10 million dust mites.
3. The expression “goodnight sleep tight” originates from the 17th century when mattresses were placed on top of ropes that needed frequent tightening.
4. A comfortable mattress can give you up to an hour extra sleep every night.
5. Clinophobia is a fear of beds and is caused by associating going to bed with dying.
6. The odds of being killed by falling out of bed are one in two million.
7. Australia’s National Sleep Research project has found that the extra hour sleep received coincided with a reduction in traffic accidents.
8. The first luxury bed originated during the time of the Roman Empire. The Romans loved comfort, and their mattresses were stuffed with reeds, hay, wool or feathers for optimum relaxation and luxury.
9. Louis XIV had a love for his mattress and often held court in the royal bedroom. He owned 413 beds and liked his beds to be spacious, grand and extravagant.
10. The Great Bed of Ware is 18ft 6ins wide and 6ft long and can accommodate 68 people.
To keep a healthy relationship between you and your mattress, keep it clean, dry and flip at 6 month intervals. Use a mattress protector and don’t forget to change your sheets!
Read more wacky mattress facts HERE!
Tags: sueno beds, mattress
PRINT THIS POST