Wednesday, July 04, 2012

***fireworks!***

Happy I-Day!
July Fourth Severe Storm Threat in Northeast, Midwest...

This " 4th in the Middle" is almost like getting a "bonus half-weekend" - it is an oddity that a holiday falls right smack dab in the middle of everything! But in the summer heat, and at this special time of year, a welcome respite. Right now, I've got Norah Jones' latest CD on the player... there's a "summer breeze" blowing thru the windows... and I just installed Facebook comments here on the blog (I'll post you a tutorial tomorrow)... if you click on the URL to any individual post, you'll be able to avail yourself of the FB commenting system (don't worry - the old blog*spot comments are still there - and always will be!)

So what else is going on this lazy 4th?

I was out in my garden this morning. It's doing fairly well - I'm thinking about employing Gibberellic Acid in next year's "growth plan."

If you live around the Capital Region you must have heard about the local fifth-grader who died while vacationing with her family in Florida. So sad: Ashton celebrated her 11th birthday June 22. She finished her last day of fifth grade at Southgate Elementary School the day before. BE THANKFUL FOR EACH AND VERY DAY YOU AND YOUR LOVED ONES AND FRIENDS HAVE!

THE NEWSPAPER ARTICLE SAYS "Whether the Jojos have hired an attorney and plan to seek legal action in connection with Ashton's death was unclear." PLEASE SUE FOLKS! I know this is a difficult time for you, but those responsible for this must be held accountable. This is NOT the time to "turn the other cheek."

HANGING ON TO THE "AMERICAN DREAM" ::: 'You want my home, it will cost you your life': 5 dead after eviction drama...

My post "Google: Upstate NY 2nd most racist region in US" spent about a week at the top of WAMC's "Most Active Stories" list! Thanks to Marlon Anderson and Father Blake Rider for the sound clips!
A handful of diaspora bloggers acknowledge the United States' Independence Day, here, here, here and here.
Show Comments: OR

No comments:

Post a Comment


COMMENTING CHARGES
Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

WAIT, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO COMMENT?
Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

I NEED TO BE HEARD! BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY.
Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.

IMPORTANT:

Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics