Friday, August 10, 2012

Alternatives to the New Blogger Interface

Still struggling with that "new blogger interface"?

It's been called a lot of things, including "unfriendly piece of dung" and "a major league joke" --- Google still doesn't get it! I just saw this on a blog on Monday morning "Earlier, I switched to the new Blogger interface when typing this post. The new Dashboard looks very unfriendly if you ask me. After facing some issues with the new Interface, I decided to switch back to the old look and now everything is back to normal! Don't you just hate changes that make your life more miserable instead of the other way around? "

Stop your bitchin' and READ THIS!!!

I think the reason behind the new dash is to WEED OUT all the "crap" bloggers who think blogging is all about "monetizing"...

The new blogspot dashboard - you have the blogging gurus to thank for this one too!

Say "Never More" to the "New Blogger Interface"

I had a joyous blogging experience last night, after loading "Raven" onto my old dial-up PC running Windows Millenium, and VOILA! [READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE]

WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ::: Blogging Gurus are usually WRONG - spouting misinformation, whether it be about blog platforms or trying to net "thousands of subscribers by email" --- I dashed off this response to a guru's article about "getting subscribers to flock to your blog" ::: Personally, I have found email subscribers hurt my blog in most cases.

(1) They didn't bother checking in when they could read the feed...

(2) When I changed it so that only a few "teaser" lines appeared in the reader, they came back for just a minute, until G-Mail's built-in reader appeared, which overrides my rules and conveys the full article (or most of it) and again, my blog loses when it comes to traffic count and impressions... and of course, ADS don't come through on the RSS end

(3) In 2012, unless you're SELLING stuff via your blog, email subscribers are really not necessary.

I rest my keyboard.

Show Comments: OR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.


Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics