Thursday, August 16, 2012

Penguin Update

I'm looking at the stats for this blog.
I don't like what I see.
Traffic flow mostly from Google.
What happened to everything else?
Oh sure, there's a Bing here, a yahoo! there.
I gotta do something. (Or do I?)

I'm long passed the point of really caring about this.
But I do wish Technorati hadn't been so stupid back in the day.
To make matters worse, Ana from Traffic Generation Cafe sent this in an email:

SEOs are eagerly awaiting a Penguin update, but Matt Cutts, the head of search spam at Google, said "you don't want the next Penguin update."
He warned that the Google "engineers have been working hard," on this update.

He even added the next few updates will be "jarring and jolting" for webmasters and SEOs.

I've never seen a warning like this before from Google.
It makes it sound like the Penguin update will be felt by many many more SEOs.
Sounds like this is aim more at SEO techniques despite what Google wants to say otherwise.

Honestly, if Matt is saying this, I wouldn't blame anyone if they are a bit worried.

I wasn't at the talk, many were and the feedback coming out of it is that Matt was sincere about it. Again, I was not there, so I can't be certain.

In any event, make sure to brace yourself for the next Penguin update!

Forum discussion at WebmasterWorld.

Diversifying my traffic sources,

Thanks for the heads-up, Ana!

Show Comments: OR


  1. It will be interesting to see what Penguin brings. It has become increasingly challenging to get a link that is truly natural as webmasters are seldom generous about providing links. It will be interesting to determine what types of manufactured links lose value in the next update.

  2. When someone writes an piece of writing he/she maintains the plan of a user in his/her
    brain that how a user can understand it. Therefore that's why this paragraph is perfect. Thanks!
    Feel free to surf my blog - Clearblue Fertility Monitor

  3. @Randy - I agree. And regardless of where this update might take a blog like mine - I'm off in new directions, looking to diversify when it comes to attracting traffic. It sometimes seems as if all my little blogging eggs are in one basket.

  4. When someone writes an piece of writing he/she maintains the plan of a user in his/her brain that how a user can understand it. Therefore that's why this paragraph is perfect. Thanks! Feel free to surf my blog

  5. Great post. I have been doing a lot of research on Penguin Google for a paper that I am writing. Thanks for the great information, it is very useful.


Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.


Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics