Thursday, September 13, 2012

DisqusT! (Comment for Kyle!)


Dave Lucas
Twitter:
says:

Hey Kyle!

Leaving comments is one thing – making them “stick” is another! As recently as yesterday i was unable to leave a blogger a comment via Disqus – which kept saying I had to authenticate my name and email addy (even though it was displaying my gravatar) but gave no instructions or indications how to accomplish taht. Yup – I filed a “report” with Disqus – of course, they haven’t responded. I am DisqusTed!

As much as nobody likes to “register” for comments – that darn cap’cha makes it even more difficult. I just restored it to my blog this morning after an overwhelming 493 spam comments were trapped by blogspot’s built-in detector!

One flaw with your advice – if I leave a “short and simple” comment – some blogs will tell me “Your comment has been flagged as possible spam.” But if go back and add XXXXXXXXXXXXXX a bunch of X’s and O’s… BINGO! My comment is now “waiting for approval.” (And of course it doesn’t get published because of all theh X’s and O’s!)

Blog On!
Dave Lucas



UPDATE!

I tried to leave a comment today on another post on FamousBloggers but was prevented from doing so, so here is my comment!
Hey Dustin!

CONTRARY to what you've heard - everything on the net is NOT always "forever saved" - one of my blogs that contained over a thousand posts and 5 years work was taken down by blogger after some idiot complained it was "spam." There is NO TRACE of that blog left - not even the internet waybac machine has anything on it - and I can think of more blogs that ended up this way.

There are also ways to "scrub" the net clean - I know a woman who was able to get all of the "bad" stuff off the web to the point where you could not even find her PICTURE - not on ephoto - even though she had worked as a television reporter! (And this was BEFORE services like reputation.com entered the arena!)

The point being that "someone" really is controlling all that archiving - and of course we all know if ever a "pulse" bomb explodes over North America - the servers - and all of that data that supposedly will "live forever" - will be GONE GONE GONE!

Blog On!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics