Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Facebook Drives Most eCommerce Traffic But Pinterest Users Spend More Money [Infographic]

The Blog Herald ::: RichRelevance sifted thru data from 700 million so-called “shopping sessions” and reported shoppers who enter an online commerce portal via Facebook stay on that portal longer and return to the website more regularly. (I know I personally will bookmark a site I really like, but more often I look for it in my browser's search history)

The study, which is available as a downloadable infographic, finds significant variations in the way that consumers browse and purchase based on which social network sent them to the retail site

According to RichRel, Facebook referrals average 7 pages per session - Pinterest referrals check out only a measly 4 pages while Twitter users stick around for just 3 session views. [Link]

Business Insider ::: David Karp is starting to feel pressure from investors to turn his giant social blogging platform, Tumblr, into a business, sources say.
[BI source] VCs feel the urge [to monetize] more now that the economic environment has changed. Valuations have to be justified now. Things are different. Before it was like, you have a lot of users, that's great. Now it's like, okay, what are we going to do with them.

A report by Alyson Shontell, www.businessinsider.com


Tags: ,

Show Comments: OR

No comments:

Post a Comment


COMMENTING CHARGES
Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

WAIT, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO COMMENT?
Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

I NEED TO BE HEARD! BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY.
Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.

IMPORTANT:

Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics