Sunday, September 16, 2012

Get Off That Computer!

Geeks! Stop wasting your valuable lifepoints! Get off the computer!

It's a serious growing international problem. It encompasses twitter and facebook. A waste of mind, waste of time. Internet addiction. Don't be a victim!

There is no reason to linger or dally online. Get in. Get whatever task done. Get out.

My approach involves a tangled relationship with technology, expressed in this formula: (BlackBerry + Gmail + GoogleTalk + Facebook + twitter + Weibo = Time Savings)

The great thing about it: EVERYTHING RUNS like one of those fine Swiss watches or that elaborate display of dominoes that falls in sequences and patterns.

BlackBerry was made for pushing email to phone. You send me gmail. My phone buzzes. I read it then delete it or file it. You hit me up with a follow-up to a direct message on twitter or a wall post on facebook or an instant chat on any platform. My phone buzzes. I got it. You text, MMS or SMS me. My phone buzzes. I got it. Everything happens in my pocket 24/7 wherever I am. Sure beats being tethered to a PC or laptop or other device.

These days if I spend any amount of time online, it's at work. Otherwise, I can hop on the net, take care of business and sign out in less than 15 minutes... per DAY!

Look at the numbers: the biggest time killers are sifting thru emails and wasting time on facebook. I can do everything web using my BlackBerry, and I don't miss a thing! I can even upload posts to my blog... and searching Google or Bing couldn't be easier - it's faster too because "mobile" is just that way. If I'm in the car and need directions I have them up in seconds. Nothing to print out. No GPS to program up.

When you've tamed the wild interbeast you'll find there is so much more time in your life! I'm challenging you to come up with ways you can streamline your own internet time. There's so much you can automate these days - I'll bet you can spend a day and a half sifting your way through plans, programs, products and services that can chop your time in front a computer down to next-to-nothing! (Any tips? Leave 'em in comments below!)

Tags: ,

More: Facebook Addiction

Print this pagePRINT THIS POST

Show Comments: OR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.


Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics