Sunday, September 09, 2012

Old School Technology Still Handy in 2012

Before you throw out your portable radio or cancel your subscription to the newspaper, consider this: there are things to be heard and seen that one would not otherwise be empowered to if not for radios and newspapers. There. I've written it.

Two interesting bits of information came my way this morning: one by analog delivery, one by digital delivery. I make it a point to purchase and read the Sunday Albany Times Union and the Sunday New York Times. Been doing it for years!

Had I not read the TU today, this little tiny bit of knowledge or trivia or whatever label you want to paste on it, might have gone unnoticed by me, forever. I shudder to think that I might have died and never known this: the fellow who designed the wonderful little twitter bird logo is right here in albany, New York! He went to college here, he works here, he's HERE HERE HERE! (D'oh: that's he's HERE, as in New York State, not HERE as in "click here") How could I not have known this before???On the Radio Survivor blog, a brief article concerning the joys of owning a crank radio! (after the jump!)



Bookmark and Share
  • AM (520-1710 KHz)
  • FM (87-108MHz)
  • NOAA weather – all 7 channels
  • Built-in hand crank power generator recharges the internal rechargeable Ni-MH battery and cell phone batteries
  • Built-in 3 white LED light source
  • Can be powered from three different sources:
    • From solar power
    • From the built-in rechargeable Ni-MH battery that takes charge from the dynamo crank
    • From the USB port (USB cord not included)
  • Built-in cell-phone charger
  • Earphone jack – 3.5 mm socket
  • Etón Corporation will contribute $0.49 to $1.00 of the sales price of each Red Cross product to support the American Red Cross.
ARC FR Radio Line Comparison Chart


"Where

MICROLINK FR150 Solar-Powered, Self-Powered AM/FM/Weatherband Portable Radio with Flashlight and Cell Phone Charger Radio at amazon.comARCFR150 American Red Cross Eton at npr.comARCFR150 American Red Cross JandR Eton
Eddie Bauer Eton ARCFR150 American Red Cross www.eddiebauer.comARCFR150 MICROLINK American Red Cross Radio by Eton at Mobile CityARCFR150 American Red Cross Eton at Dunham's Sports www.dumhamssports.com
American Red Cross ARCFR150 Red by Eton at AAFES Army and Air Force Exchange Servicewww.duluthtrading.com ARCFR150 American Red Cross by Eton Emergency RadioARCFR150 American Red Cross by Eton Emergency Radio at www.hurricanestore.com
ARCFR150 American Red Cross Eton at cabelasARCFR150 Solar-Powered, Self-Powered AM/FM/Weatherband Portable Radio with Flashlight and Cell Phone Charger American Red Cross Emergency Radio line by Eton at Sport's Authority www.sportsauthority.comARCFR150 American Red Cross Eton at Campmor www.campmor.com
ARCFR150 American Red Cross EtonARCFR150 American Red Cross Eton at Sporty's Preferred Living www.sportys.com



Tags: ,
Show Comments: OR

No comments:

Post a Comment


COMMENTING CHARGES
Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

WAIT, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO COMMENT?
Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

I NEED TO BE HEARD! BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY.
Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.

IMPORTANT:

Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics