Sunday, January 13, 2013

Car Insurance Zip Code Locator

I was reading the Sunday newspaper and noticed an article about being careful when buying a used car. (You've no doubt heard how you should always get a car-fax report, even if you have to pay for it yourself).

Then I spotted another article with tips about saving money when buying a car, whether used or new, and another article on top of that detailing the importance of maintaining an older vehicle.

It all boils down to saving money: I thought of something else that can help you save - your car insurance! Insurance is a neccesity. There are many different companies and many different options when you are shopping for a new policy.

How long HAS it been since you checked your insurance coverage? Do you have what you need? Is there anywhere you figure you could be overinsured or underinsured? Go through a scenario, "What would happen if..." and see how your car insurance stacks up! Here's an exapmle:

What would happen if someone hit my car while it was parked outside my house?

What if while I was driving, a passing truck kicked up a stone and it cracked my windshield?

What if there was a big storm and my car was damaged by flooding?

These are just 3 little examples - you may have some unique to your location or vehicle. Does your insurance policy meet not only legal needs of your state but also YOUR NEEDS if anything should happen to your vehicle?

Bookmark this website:, where you can check out available car insurance and area-specific coverage plans - simply enter your zipcode!

Reviewing your insurance policy is the best way to ensure that you are protected from any heavy financial loss. Check your deductible amounts as well. Don't go for a high-deductible if you won't be able to cover it should something happen to your car, truck or SUV later on down the road!

Be smart, stay safe, drive carefully, and stay on top of your car insurance!

Tags: ,
Show Comments: OR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.


Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics