Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Musings on a Rainy Tuesday Night in January

Blogger's Lament

[Previously]:::For a good minute and a half today, I actually considered switching my blog to a minimalist style template. What was I thinking!

I've read a lot recently about blogs and platforms. Blog*spot could delete you in a heartbeat. Hackers could blow your WordPress blog to smithereens. How would I feel if all 6000+ posts on this blog were gone tomorrow?

If such a thing were to happen, be it at the hand of google or a hacker or a pulse bomb that wipes all things digital away, would it really matter in the greater scheme of things? Writing, whether it is a book or a poem or a blog or a magazine article or a radio script, is an art. The greatest artists become that way how? Right! They P.r.a.c.t.i.c.e.!!!

My big grumble for almost 4 years before 2012 was that my blog was just a main body and a sidebar, with a lot of unused space on the sides. That wasted, unused space was magnified considerably when viewed on a new flatscreen monitor. The current template or theme is one that I customized myself. I'm looking at it right now. Yes, I like it. I am going to stop listening to those people who keep urging me to change it.

As I explained last night, a lot of the material in the sidebars is as much for ME as it is for any reader who might drop by. Some ads. Contact info. Links to other blogs and websites important to ME. I'm working on a forum about money and magick. I'm plodding along slowly on a few other pages and prospects. I just joined flattr, and I am perplexed that it doesn't seem to appear on all browsers. I added a poetry page. I have a few videos up on youtube. this blog is a hobby and an exercise.


And in the end, what matters, is that YOU, dear reader, you come here and you read the stuff in the big fat column in the middle. I got toys for ya in the form of social network and print friendly buttons - you can leave blog*spot comments if you can make it thru the cap'cha -or- preferably, facebook comments if you're already logged into the Social Network (which by the way, I really like and wish they would keep it user-friendly for all of you who use it to keep in touch with friends and family.)


Best of all, I keep finding wonderful new things - new people - new blogs - new challenges, and they all harmonize nicely. And many of the bloggers who were online when I came online are still blogging too: people like Michelle Malkin and Wendy Cheng. Other bloggers I met along the way whom I continue to "like" and "follow" - folks like Aldon Hynes, who tweets this out: ahynes1: RT @GoforNo: "Courage is about doing what you're afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you're scared." - Eddie Rickenbacker

Powered by Zoundry Raven

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics