Saturday, February 02, 2013

Hacking the Cloud

Can Clouds Be Hacked? Yes they can!

Late Saturday Afternoon Lifestreaming ::: Hello friends! I recommend you keep your computers out of the clouds and secure your laptops, tablets, netbooks an pcs's - do a little googling and find out what you need to do to stay cybersafe. Get a good anti-virus - I use Avast along with CC Cleaner and Super Anti-Spyware. The worst internet connection you can have is CABLE because it is NEVER off and even if you are accessing it in your house via wireless router, you're asking for trouble!

I think the recent hack-attacks are MINOR operations - they - whoever "they" are drilling in prep for something bigger - it could involve the US' banking and ATM system or maybe Wall Street and the stock market...

It's been a busy week for me! Lots going on at work, a million things to do at home... and the, there's this blog. I'm still always tweaking it. Still working on an angle to get netizens attracted to flattr. Maybe other bloggers would be interested in networking with it, perhaps like Entrecard or MyBlogLog. I'll build something - I just need a little more time to get it right and do a little publicity for it. I really believe we can network using flattr and it is a much better vehicle than those other two because you give and get something of value.

This also was a great week for hacking - there was plenty of it, including the action that targeted the Washington Post and the big one Friday involving twitter. I was wondering why they kept resetting my password! Ah, that reminds me!

BEWARE OF THE CLOUD ::: you gotta read this older article of mine - you can still buy yourself a good laptop with built-in wifi and 56k modem (and make sure it has at leaast 3 USB ports) with WinXp... turn all of the "updates" off and keep your machine earthbound. Stay away from the cloud crap!

The Wall St. Journal says The FTC | Federal Trade Commission wants the rapidly growing mobile telephone industry to beef up its privacy controls and allow consumers to opt out of being tracked by ad networks on their smartphones. That's an excellent idea. Keep your electronics CONNECTABLE but NOT "always on."

I've finally decided to follow the advice some of the more "pro" bloggers have been harping about for years. I'm offering totally free subscriptions to a series of what will be special newsletters - only when events or developments warrant sending them out - (in other words, you may not see one for months, so if and when you do you'll know it is important!) The way to subscribe is simply click on the envelope icon below - then you'll be on my mailing list. Thank-you very much! Don't worry - I will not share it or sell or compromise my list (or your privacy) in any way, shape or form!


Tags: ,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics