Monday, June 10, 2013

A Very Cellular Post

Kind of a "mobile PGP" but better ::: ETXT allows you to encrypt the text that you send by e-mail or share on websites, on forums or on a hosting service. Since sending a text or a note through the internet is not always secure (as PRISM confirms), it is prudent to use a tool like ETXT to avoid unauthorized reading. Nothing simpler, you just need to install the software and open the text inside it so that it does the rest. Once the text encrypted, just save it and send or use it. Note that the recipient must also install the software on his/her machine. In brief, it does not require any installation and can be used indefinitely.

As much as I hate "the cloud" I like biNu ::: it is a cloudcentric mobile phone application that provides super fast, simple, cost effective access to many Internet based applications such as Facebook, Twitter, Wikipedia, news, sports, weather etc. biNu is designed and optimized for mobile wireless devices and provides instant response times, even on slower networks.

Visit using your phone’s existing web browser and click on the Download link. During the installation process various alerts may pop-up on the phone’s screen. You should disregard the alerts and click “continue” or “ok” to continue installing biNu.

You can also download biNu to your phone via SMS text message.

When using the SMS method, they send you an SMS message that includes a link to the site When you click this link, your phone browser will open and take you to the site. Once there, click on the Download link. During the installation process various alerts may pop-up on the phone’s screen. You should disregard the alerts and click “continue” or “ok” to continue installing biNu.

BlackBerry users looking for a few shortcuts/tricks check this link.

Anything to add? Reactions? Your comments are appreciated! Here's why and how!
A word about comments...

Thoughtful, intelligent comments that contribute to and embellish posted articles serve as an information thread for future readers. I encourage link-sharing (no, not that spam url about the "free" book you're giving away that's actually a contact harvesting site for one of those idiot "blog gurus") and I welcome responses framed as guest-posts.

If for some reason you cannot leave your comments in either the G+ or Facebook comment boxes below, you are welcome to send them to me via my email button by clicking on the envelope icon below.
I will add them here with my inserted replies. Since 2006, this humble weblog has amassed a large number of interesting comments. Add yours in so the whole wide world can see and share YOUR point of view!

Tags: ,

Show Comments: OR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Per comment rate: $2
Payable by either clicking the BitCoin "tip me" button or the PayPal "donate" button in the sidebar.

Because, like the fine publication Tablet, whom I borrowed this concept from, I too am committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing I'm able to provide, all free of charge. I take pride in my loyal readership, and I'm thrilled that you choose to engage with me in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse).

I'm asking people who'd like to post comments on my blog to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping me bring you the provocative and/or entertaining articles that brought you here in the first place.

Readers can still interact with me FREE of charge via Facebook comments and Google+ comments! You can also reach me via Twitter @davelucas

I hope this new largely symbolic measure will help create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all! Those of you who choose to contribute, thanks for your support.


Your comment will appear after you have made your donation.

All IP addresses are logged.

Your comment will not appear immediately as all messages are vetted before publication.

PS - Any more questions? Check out my Policy & Terms of Use FAQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics